What's new

Having Controller Issues

Ohoopee

Hi, I am having problems getting my game controller to work at all in PJ64 1.6. My controller is a Logitech Rumble Pad 2. I have been to Logitech.com and have downloaded the latest drivers. I have also been to the help section in Project 64's documentation and follwed the instructions for setting up my controller. According too the Logitech software, my controllers seem to be looking fine as I was able to use the calibration tool and every button seemed to be working. The controller is just not doing anything when I run a rom at all. I used the same controller with this same version a few months ago until I had a computer crash and it worked fiine then. Now that I have reinstalled everything I am having problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I have the same pad, and I've never had any problems. Having said that, are you using the default plugins? You might want to give the N-Rage Input plugin a try.

Finally, have you actually selected your controller from the drop-down list in Options --> Configure Controller Plugin?

OP
O

Ohoopee

Yes, I have tried everything you have suggested. The n_rage doesn't work for me because I am unable too asighn functions to the buttons on my controller. It starts counting down and I push the buttons but again, nothign happens. It is like PJ64 its self is just not working with my controller but as I said, according to the utility tool that came with my controller, my controller is working so I don't understand it.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
What version of the N-Rage plugin are you using?

And if I had a computer crash that bad I would reinstall Windows. But only do that as a last resort (like more was broken just the gamepad support).

Shadowing

Ya I have this same exact problem :(

I'm using logitech dual action game controler (USB)
so its the same controller just with out the rumble pad
Just bought it at wal-mart yesterday.

When I go to assign a button I click to assign the A button and soon as I click the box with my mouse it assigns Rz +. Even if I use my keyboard to tab down and hit enter to select the box it still does it.

Whats wierd is it worked a a few times then stop working.
Like i assigned a key to my keyboard then went to do another one and it did the Rz + thing.

Once It does the Rz + it wont let me assing anything else it says this button already being used.

I"m using a USB hub that my mouse and controller is plug into which might be the reason but the controller works 100 percent fine in windows controller set up. so its obviously Project64 Also i have used the controller just fine on another game.

I havnt tried the N_Rage plug in yet.. Going to search where to download that at right now.

Shadowing

Alright.. N_rage worked fixed my problem lol

and apparently after downloading n rage I learn it already came with project 64 lol