What's new

Hardware Question

Fosco999

I was wondering if my computer could run Dolphin effectively with high fps.

Specs:

AMD 64 4000+ (2.6 OC)
ATI Radeon HD 2600xt 512mb
2gb G.Skill
Windows XP 64-bit

Thanks!

Fosco

DjPong

I was wondering if my computer could run Dolphin effectively with high fps.

Specs:

AMD 64 4000+ (2.6 OC)
ATI Radeon HD 2600xt 512mb
2gb G.Skill
Windows XP 64-bit

Thanks!

Fosco

Run yes, high fps no. Why? Emulator is still in development.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Okay, instead of asking us, why not try it yourself? For frack's sake, you're the one with the computer in question.

OP
F

Fosco999

Okay, instead of asking us, why not try it yourself? For frack's sake, you're the one with the computer in question.

Well I would have to download a 64 bit version of xp, then download a rom to play. I wouldn't just post on a forum unless I had a question that I cannot find an answer to, unlike you who just trolls an emulator forum? Get a life?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Why? You already have a 64-bit Windows XP judging by what you posted earlier. Besides, you don't even need a 64-bit OS to get Dolphin running fast.

Xtreme2damax

You technically should be dumping the game off of an original disc you own instead of downloading it, piracy gets the cold shoulder on many "legal" emulation forums such as this one, therefore isn't supported..

There's no excuse not to, you can dump games quite easily provided you have a Wii or one of those special LG drives..

Do us a favor and buy yourself a Wii, and Googling for a guide on enabling homebrew by using the Twilight hack.

You will save yourself a lot of trouble since you'll have the actual system and game should things not work the way you expected or not work at all via emulation..

Then follow these guides:

http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6951

or

Quick tutorial on how to dump Wii ISO's over a WiFi connection.

Things You Need

- Way Of Booting Homebrew Apps
- Wireless Router
- Wii
- Computer
- cIOS-37 / IOS249
- DVD Dumper 1.2 Or DVD Dumper Channel

Links for all apps will be listed in the tutorial

1. cIOS-37

After downloading the app, extract it, and rename the cIOS37_rev3-Installer.dol file to boot.dol.
Place the "boot.dol" into /apps/cios37/boot.dol
You will also need IOS37-64-v2070.wad I am not allowed to get a link to it, because it is licensed by Nintendo. But remember, Google is your friend
Once you have IOS37-64-v2070.wad put it on the root of the SD card.
Open with Homebrew Channel, and follow the on screen instructions.

2. DVD Dumper v1.2

After downloading the app, extract it and rename the cIOS-DVD-Dumper_v1.2.dol file to boot.dol. Place the boot.dol into /apps/dvddumper/boot.dol

-OR-

If you would rather have a channel of DVD Dumper, I Made One!
CLICK HERE to download the WAD file for the channel. Extract the file, and put dvd_dump_v1.2.wad in /wad/dvd_dump_v1.2.wad Then use Wad Manager or Wad Installer to install it!

3. DUMPING

Open DVD Dumper using HomeBrew Channel or the DVD Dumper Channel. You will asked for your dump method (SD, USB) or (WiFi Connection) Choose WiFi Connection. It will then ask for the disc type. GameCube, Wii Single-Layer, or Wii Dual-Layer. So for the only Dual-Layer game is SSBB, so for any other Wii game, choose Single-Layer. After you select the disc type, insert the disc and let it load, after it loads press any button to continue. It will then give you your Wii's URL, open your web browser, (FireFox Works Best) and type in the Wii URL you were given. You will then be given the option to restart the Wii or save the ISO. Click Save ISO and save it anywhere on your computer.

GameCube games usually take 40 - 50 minutes.
Wii Single-Layer usually take 1:30 - 2 hours
Wii Dual-Layer can take up to 4 hours.

Hope This Help.

I can't post the link in this thread for the second tutorial since the content on the website is questionable, but you should find it by Googling or you can pm me for the link to the site/turorial..

Last edited:

DjPong

GameCube games usually take 40 - 50 minutes.
Wii Single-Layer usually take 1:30 - 2 hours
Wii Dual-Layer can take up to 4 hours.
Rofl, downloading goes alot faster.

- Way Of Booting Homebrew Apps
- Wireless Router
- cIOS-37 / IOS249
- DVD Dumper 1.2 Or DVD Dumper Channel
Dont have and won't bother getting that.

And besides? Why the hell bother posting something total offtopic? :/
You see the word "rom" and start posting junk already to someone that asks if his computer can play Wii games xD rofl. You expect that he will be able to do all of that?

No offence to you Fosco999.

Xtreme2damax

Rofl, downloading goes alot faster.

Depends on how fast your connection is, the slower the connection, the longer it takes and if it's slow enough, dumping your own games will be much faster. Also the point is to encourage those to be legit when posting on forums such as this one for support..

Dont have and won't bother getting that.

You need either a Wii or an LG drive to legally dump the games, the process I mentioned isn't that hard to do, even a brain dead caveman could pull it off. It takes only seconds/minutes to set up, provided you have any patience..

And besides? Why the hell bother posting something total offtopic? :/
You see the word "rom" and start posting junk already to someone that asks if his computer can play Wii games xD rofl. You expect that he will be able to do all of that?

It's not off topic when he complained about needing to download the game to test it out, I was merely suggesting an alternative where he wouldn't need to download it, except off of his Wii or dumping it from one of those special LG drives.

Also it's a waste of time to download the game only to find out it either doesn't work, or work the way you expected, having the actual system and game guarantees that if this happens that you have a solution in place to be able to play your game.

Emulation != Piracy, even though the warez kiddies who expect everything for free without paying for it seem to think so, then whine because their pirated games don't work in an emulator or work the way they want. This leaves them with no place to turn since they don't own the system or game and therefore can not play it..

Emulation should never be a replacement for the actual console and game, nor was it ever intended to be. It was never intended for anyone to be able to play games freely without ever owning the system or game, and shouldn't be used as a tool for piracy since it'll never work like or as good as the real thing..

Cyberman

You've just demonstrated you haven't read the forum rules. Did you just become a member to post one question? Shouldn't you try it out first after reading thoroughly through this forum? I suggest you try doing some work to find out for yourself then ask questions based on the results.

Oh and DO READ THE RULES, you have a warning from me.

Cyb

profjekyll

Well I would have to download a 64 bit version of xp, then download a rom to play. I wouldn't just post on a forum unless I had a question that I cannot find an answer to, unlike you who just trolls an emulator forum? Get a life?

lmao @ troll

Inf3rnal

Hi !
I have a quite good prosessor ( Intel Pentium E8200 Core2Duo 2.6 Ghz ) and the Dolphin runs quite well but in some places in the game the fps drops below 20 so it's really slow. I have 2Gb RAM. If I increase the RAM to 4 gb, will this problem vanish or my videocard is the weak point in my system ? (Geforce 7300 GS with 512 MB)

Toasty

Sony battery
CPU is generally the bottleneck in Dolphin emulation. If you built the system yourself I'm sure you could probably overclock it by several hundred MHz though, if you're into that sort of thing.

GCFreak

You technically should be dumping the game off of an original disc you own instead of downloading it, piracy gets the cold shoulder on many "legal" emulation forums such as this one, therefore isn't supported..

There's no excuse not to, you can dump games quite easily provided you have a Wii or one of those special LG drives..

Do us a favor and buy yourself a Wii, and Googling for a guide on enabling homebrew by using the Twilight hack.

You will save yourself a lot of trouble since you'll have the actual system and game should things not work the way you expected or not work at all via emulation..

Then follow these guides:

http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6951

or

I can't post the link in this thread for the second tutorial since the content on the website is questionable, but you should find it by Googling or you can pm me for the link to the site/turorial..

That method doesn't work on later System Menu versions, such as v3.4 and v4.0...

squall_lockhart: I've never found a bad image when I download these things so far, although I must be lucky then. There probably IS a consensus about this sort of thing somewhere though...

Xtreme2damax

That method doesn't work on later System Menu versions, such as v3.4 and v4.0...

squall_lockhart: I've never found a bad image when I download these things so far, although I must be lucky then. There probably IS a consensus about this sort of thing somewhere though...

Lolwat?

Yes it does work, I was able to successfully downgrade my brand new Wii a few months back using this method.

I think my Wii had System Menu/Firmware 3.4 or 4.0, more than likely it was 3.4. Also there is a newer version of the Twilight Hack that works on System Menu/Firmware 3.4.

For the newer System Menu/Firmware, you can now use the banner bomb exploit, which is a new hack that essentially achieves the same thing as the Twilight hack.

Last edited:

GCFreak

I mean the Disc Dumper doesn't work on new System Menu versions, because Nintendo blocked cIOS37, and I know about the Twilight Hack and Bannerbomb...I DO keep up with these things you know. =)