What's new

Graphics Card

Wodd

Does the computer's graphics card have anything to do with a game's graphics? I noticed that some parts of a game that I have (The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest) (based on the GameCube game) do not display properly on one of my desktops (primarily the colors), but they do display correctly on a laptop that I have. The main places that I noticed the discoloration are the Royal Family's Tomb and the Bottom of the Well. I also noticed the discoloration on Recovery Hearts (not on the laptop though) (only on the desktop)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yes, it does have anything to do with a game's graphics. Without it, you couldn't see anything, and depending on how old your graphics card is, you may get graphics errors.

The critical question now is, what kind of a graphics card do you have and when was the last time you updated its drivers?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Some graphic cards simply do not support the features needed for the emulators to render correct graphics. Of course, what card you will need for best emulation depends on what emulator you're trying to use.
For PJ64, it says minimum requirements in the GameGAQ or the manual I believe.