What's new

Graphic prob with Rare games & Rices5.2.0

tohaan

I have posted my problem with Perfect Dark graphics on another thread, but i just found out that the same problem happens with Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Jabo's graphic plug-in works okay, but does not have the options of Rice's.

I like to hear from any others who have the same problem, as well as screen shots/

Below are images of both Perfect Dark and Conkers. The first will be using Rice's 5.2.0 and the second will use JaboDirect3D 1.5.1

OP
T

tohaan

Trotterwatch said:
CFBD isn't supported totally - it's close though. Try PD using OpenGL mode, see if that helps.

No difference with OpenGL, thankfully both games work good with Jabos.

Just wondering what it is.

Side note, I've two of Rares other games.

Diddy Kong Racing - No problems.
Blast Corps - Slow down (same with other Emulators)

I'm guessing GoldenEye and Donkey Kong will have the same problems.

Trotterwatch

Blast Corps is fixable pretty certain about that, will have to test it later. For now try turning the expansion pak off (doesn't need it) and setting the game to 30vis. CF5 may help too.

Goldeneye is better than PD, but has a couple of small problems (bullets coming out of the gun looking wrong the main one). Donkey Kong was fine last I checked.

The issue is to do with Ucodes (something the N64 uses to do the graphics). The Ucodes and everything have to be implemented fully along with anything else that entails in order for the GFX plugin to work correctly.

Veracity

Emu Controller Freak
Blast Corps is playable, but the speed will always be a little off. Blast Corps will never be exactly like an N64, that why I still keep me old N64 around, for Smash. Blast Corps, and Start Wars: SOE

karth95

Lord of the Cats
try out the max V/I limit in the rom properties. I set it to 50 v/i for the U Versions, and 45 for PAL versions. It seems to run at a more normal speed. If you do set it to say, 40, and it's right, let me know.