What's new

Graphic Glitches in Castlevania and FF64

Dreadbane

Hey there, I just tried my castlevania 64 and castlevania 64 2 roms, and they seem to have some odd glitches. Castlevania's graphics ingame are quite impressive, but the menus and item selection screens are whited out, and text onscreen is not visible when you pick an item up or do an action. Castle 2 had the same probs, and it had this odd thing where there was a blurryness on the top of the screen that was about 1/2 inche wide that was annoying. I know these are probably graphical errors, but I was just wondering if there were options I could play around with to fix them.

On the second note, Fighting force 64 will not go past the rendered "CORE" Logo, it shows the logo, and then just goes blank...nothing after that.

Ill tell you if I figure anything out.
thanks much!

Duncan

N64 Addict
First off you didnt give us your system specs, plugins, and what version your using. The Fighting Force "hanging" problem is a known one, and you'll have to wait for the next release to have it solved. Also it sounds like you are using the (E) version of Castlevania 2 (PAL), which most all PAL roms need a resolution height fix, and that rom also needs to use Internal Transforms to solve a few of the other gfx problems your having, so just get and put the Project64.rdb file in your 1964 folder/directory, and it should help out with a few of the problems.

OP
D

Dreadbane

Well I found out that the roms are PAL... Anyhow put that rdb file and castlevania 1 runs better, but nothing really happened to castle 2, it still has that height prob. Also, both of them stil have the problem with the menus and text showing up when performing actions, I can switch to rgb mode to read them, so I can manage, but is there a fix for this?

Also, here are my system specs.

AMD Athlon xp 1700+
256 MB pc2100 ddr ram
Voodoo 5 (using dozer 1.1 drivers from voodoofiles)
sound blaster live
Windows 2000 pro

anything else I should say?

Duncan

N64 Addict
Add this into the Project64.rdb file:

[A2C54BE7-6719CBB2-C:50]
Good Name=Castlevania - Legacy of Darkness (E) [!]
Internal Name=CASTLEVANIA2
Geometry Pipeline=Internal
Resolution Width=290
Resolution Height=240

That should fix your height and with Internal Transforms, it should improve a few other things :)