What's new

GP breakpoint interrupt?

bpoint

Does Dolphin support the GP breakpoint interrupt? Most games use a single FIFO for doing graphics, but my new engine in Pokemon XD (the sequel to Colosseum) uses multiple FIFOs, and requires the BP interrupt to chain from one to another. With our freshly built .gcm, Dolphin v1.02 just says "PSE in HID2 isnt set" about 6 times, and then doesn't seem to do a whole lot more (black screen -- even after waiting for 5 minutes!).

I also read/write to most of the GP registers directly, and build up my own FIFO command list through the 32-byte CPU write gatherer (rather than using the GX libs), but I would suppose homebrew stuff was doing that a long time ago...

Anyway, Dolphin sure does look a lot better than it did a year ago. :) Keep up the good work, guys.

Last edited:

JinXD

bpoint said:
Does Dolphin support the GP breakpoint interrupt? Most games use a single FIFO for doing graphics, but my new engine in Pokemon XD (the sequel to Colosseum) uses multiple FIFOs, and requires the BP interrupt to chain from one to another. With our freshly built .gcm, Dolphin v1.02 just says "PSE in HID2 isnt set" about 6 times, and then doesn't seem to do a whole lot more (black screen -- even after waiting for 5 minutes!).

I also read/write to most of the GP registers directly, and build up my own FIFO command list through the 32-byte CPU write gatherer (rather than using the GX libs), but I would suppose homebrew stuff was doing that a long time ago...

Anyway, Dolphin sure does look a lot better than it did a year ago. :) Keep up the good work, guys.
PSE Error fix

ector

Emulator Developer
Yes it does but there are still some problems with the FIFO. as you can imagine it isn't exactly trivial to emulate :p

OP
B

bpoint

ector said:
Yes it does but there are still some problems with the FIFO. as you can imagine it isn't exactly trivial to emulate :p

Yeah, I can imagine timings and such would be fairly difficult to emulate. But Dolphin supports the BP interrupt... that's all I was curious about. :)

Maybe the next version will do something a little more. Thanks!