What's new

GoodN64 & Me + Issue With Mario/Pokemon

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
First off, I really want to know what the deal is with this GoodN64 thing seeing as I hear about it so often yet have no clue what it is and how to use it (especially when the emulator itself says I have bad ROMs and they need to be checked by GoodN64).

Secondly, when I play Mario Kart 64 on Project64 1.7 there is no music on the levels I play where-as I remember from my adolescence that there always was music during the levels.

Finally, on Pokemon Stadium 2 the Mini Games have this really weird etchy kind of fuzz on them where the games are supposed to be (and when I'm switching between menus) it's the same deal for Pokemon Stadium only that fuzz shows up where it asks players to join in and how many stars you want to get (in test for the best). On Pokemon Snap the pictures are unseeable even though I have enabled "Copy Framebuffer to RDRAM"

I actually have one more thing to ask about. It has to do with the high resolution textures. I really want to integrate them with my games, but I don't know how to do it and what I need.

Lastly, if anybody has any information on how to use the Wiimote with your PC (mouse or games) please fill me in. I can't find many resources on it and I saw this really cool thing on the official Project64 website.

Thank You All!

My System Specifications:
HP Pavillion a1630n
(Originally NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Modified->) ATI Radeon X1600 Professional
2048 MB System RAM
AMD Athelon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4600+ for TRUE multi-tasking

And I have a seperate system for sound so can someone fill me in on the High Resolution Audio which I need a third party plugin for? That's something that bothers me as well.

:cat:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What exactly do you mean by High Resolution Audio?

For help on how to use GoodN64, you should check the N64 Downloads --> N64 Misc --> Tools forum. Alternatively, you can download a universal rom renaming/verifying tool such as RomCenter, download a Good64 dat file and use them to scan your N64 rom collection.

Allnatural

First off, I really want to know what the deal is with this GoodN64 thing seeing as I hear about it so often yet have no clue what it is and how to use it (especially when the emulator itself says I have bad ROMs and they need to be checked by GoodN64).
There are some frontends available that will simplify its usage. I prefer GoodWork, but GoodGUI is another good one. Keep in mind that GoodN64 will only check/rename your roms; it won't fix them. You'll have to find new versions if the roms you currently have are bad.

Secondly, when I play Mario Kart 64 on Project64 1.7 there is no music on the levels I play where-as I remember from my adolescence that there always was music during the levels.
Questions concerning v1.7 belong in the beta board.

I actually have one more thing to ask about. It has to do with the high resolution textures. I really want to integrate them with my games, but I don't know how to do it and what I need.
Plenty of tutorials posted already. Visit the High-Res board (sub-forum of 1964).

And I have a seperate system for sound so can someone fill me in on the High Resolution Audio which I need a third party plugin for? That's something that bothers me as well.
Not possible at the moment, and may never be possible based on comments from some of the devs.

Last edited:
OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
EDIT: I just need to know if Project64 can work with High Resolution Textures. Do I have to get 1964 to use them (since you guys mentioned that they were in the 1964 board).

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
High resolution texture usage depends on the graphics plugin, not the emulator.

IIRC currently, only Rice Video, Jabo's Direct3D beta plugin and a custom build of Glide64 support high resolution textures.

OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
Cool, thanks man. I'll look for the custom build (if it's available) on their official site. I think that Glide64 works best for me (for one reason or the other).

Thank you too Allnatural, you both have been of great help. Now I have to look into this GoodN64 stuff.