What's new

Glide64 plugin not working

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
are you sure 64 bits integer variables are always stored in sse ? i thought it's only used by compilers for floating point....

ciruZ

Well, I'm not a hundred percent sure, but afaik they are stored in sse registers. AFAIK you don't need to use them for floating points, but you can.
I think we should compile it with -S -O0 -Os to get the assembly source and then do a diff -u on the assembly source generated with -msse and the assembly source generated without it. Maybe that shows us the problem.

tkf

Well, I get the exact same output as delmonico from the binary release. I have a Thunderbird Athlon, so no SSE support at all.
I tried to compile glide64 again, but seems like I broke something else, since now I get these errors :
Code:
(...)
g++  -DUSE_GTK `sdl-config --cflags` `gtk-config --cflags` -Iwrapper/ -O3 -mcpu=athlon -ffast-math -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -mmmx  -c -o wrapper/textures.o wrapper/textures.cpp
In file included from wrapper/textures.cpp:9:
wrapper/main.h:19: `void (*glActiveTextureARB)(unsigned int)' redeclared as
   different kind of symbol
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h:2056: previous declaration of `void
   glActiveTextureARB(unsigned int)'
wrapper/main.h:20: `void (*glMultiTexCoord2fARB)(unsigned int, float, float)'
   redeclared as different kind of symbol
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h:2068: previous declaration of `void
   glMultiTexCoord2fARB(unsigned int, float, float)'
make: *** [wrapper/textures.o] Error 1
I commented out the definitions in wrapper/main.h as Hacktarux suggested on other thread, but the errors just keep coming.
I have similar problems with the Rice Daedalus port, it won't compile without -msse and will get signal 4 compiled with said option.

blight

The plugins should use SSE detection and be compiled without -mfpmath=sse so only inline assembly will use SSE (dunno about glide, but for Rice Daedalus I think you can turn SSE on and off in the config dialog, but it might still crash if GCC used any SSE code when compiling it)

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
In my software plugin, using mfpmath=sse option make a very huge difference on processors that support it so it's interesting to use this option sometimes... But i agree, glide64 shouldn't have such a speed difference and shouldn't use sse by default.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
i've checked it yesterday and i've seen the problem in waverace, it seems like it's not an inline assembly problem at all, it's a problem with glide64 itself i think. In order to debug it more easily, can anyone who's experiencing crashes with glide64 plugin post which games are crashing ?

piccolo17486

ok found it in the mupen package :)
and it works good..
mario 64 works perfect.. but have slowdown and graphic bugs in some games..
(in Zelda i cant see almost anything.. ) perhaps this has to do with my driver.. i use the one which was installed with ubuntu.. but then i wonder why mario runs that great.