What's new

Glide64 - Majora's Mask Graphics Issue

Kindo

Greetings.

I dreaded creating this topic, due to the warnings given in the rules thread, but emuxhaven.net (to where you are referred if you have Glide64 problems) seems to be down - at least it has been for me, for the past two days - so I decided to give it a go. Apologies if this is wrong of me.

Majora's Mask runs perfectly for me, using the latest (Final!) version of Glide64 as video plugin; except for when pausing the game or using the Lens of Truth. What occurs is a massive graphical glitch, where the whole screen turns technicolour and generally funky (pictures to follow). Originally, I used the plugin with the default settings, but since encountering the issue, I've experimented with other settings, such as frame buffer effects and what not, but so far, no dice. This glitch does not occur when using the default video plugin (Jabo's), but doing so causes me to naturally miss out on the fanciness Glide64 brings, and if I want to use a texture replacement pack.

Any suggestions or ideas would be welcome, but thanks in advance for your time.

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i5 750
Geforce GTX 470
4GB DDR3
Project64 Version 1.6

EDIT: Okay, it seems I'm not allowed to include neither links nor images in my post. Interesting. Is Imgur blocked, perchance?
EDIT 2: Managed to get the images via attachment upload. Looks a bit disorganised, but I guess it's enough to see what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• MMglitch1_pause.jpg
    MMglitch1_pause.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 740
  • MMglitch2_lens.jpg
    MMglitch2_lens.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 963
  • MMglitch_p64settings1.png
    MMglitch_p64settings1.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 721
  • MMglitch_p64settings2.png
    MMglitch_p64settings2.png
    149.2 KB · Views: 827
  • MMglitch_p64settings3.png
    MMglitch_p64settings3.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 701
  • MMglitch_p64settings4.png
    MMglitch_p64settings4.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 680
Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

Select "Enable frame buffer emulation".

You probably downloaded Glide64 without the INI file, which is required for the plugin to works correctly. Download it from here and put Glide64.dll, Glide64.ini and GlideHQ.dll in your plugin folder.

OP
Kindo

Kindo

You should update your video drivers.
Thought I had done that recently, but you're right, there's a new version out. Turns out it wasn't needed, however, because Fanatic 64's suggestion did the job.

Select "Enable frame buffer emulation".

You probably downloaded Glide64 without the INI file, which is required for the plugin to works correctly. Download it from here and put Glide64.dll, Glide64.ini and GlideHQ.dll in your plugin folder.
Enabling frame buffer emulation was something I had tested before to no avail. What did work, however, was re-installing the plugin altogether. I had downloaded that exact file before, and I even double-checked before re-installing if I had missed to extract any of the files. I hadn't, as everything was there (including the .ini and the .dll's), but for some reason, replacing them fresh did the trick. Strange, since I haven't made any alterations to any of the files, other than via the settings menu in P64. Either way, thank you so much. I feel a bit sheepish for not re-installing the plugin before, but I really didn't think of that.

Thanks again.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
No, you should use the proper ini with the proper settings or you'll run into other issues.

some settings don't have exposed controls in the plugins options.

OP
Kindo

Kindo

No, you should use the proper ini with the proper settings or you'll run into other issues.

some settings don't have exposed controls in the plugins options.
Yeah, but as far as I know, I was already doing that. The archive Fanatic 64 linked to is the same file I originally downloaded and extracted, and I have to my knowledge not fiddled with those files since. The game is running flawlessly now, so something must have happened. Maybe I did it in my sleep or something.

etking

Try to delete the texture cache folder. I had massive texture cache related errors in Zelda OOT with Glide64 final and only creating the cache with an older version of Glide64 or the recent version of MyGlide64 fixed the problem for me. Also try to use a recent rdb like http://www.emudigital.net/foro/nintendo-64/6194-project64-1-7-actualizaciones-del-rdb-sonikox.html for 1.7 or http://www.emutalk.net/threads/49385-PJ64-Unofficial-RDB-v4-23-by-Nekokabu-amp-MASA for 1.6.

You can find MyGlide64 included here, just copy the plugin files including myglide3x.dll over to PJ64.
http://www.emucr.com/2012/10/ice64-v37-beta.html

Update: Sorry, didnt read that your problem is already fixed.

Last edited: