What's new

GE 007 had internal slowdowns? I don't think so!

the master 123

I tryed that and was able to get it running with 60 on my intel t2400@ 1.83ghz. game feel too fast with that but it does seem smoother.

PistolGrip

I tryed that and was able to get it running with 60 on my intel t2400@ 1.83ghz. game feel too fast with that but it does seem smoother.

Make sure you only try 1964.exe from the other thread, not this one. The one in here is the first build I tried which didn't work well with Goldeneye. The second one is better.

the master 123

Same thing though I use to playing it in project 64 with fps limited so the extra fps most likely makes it full too fast. Also I had visual issues. I use a nvidia geforce 7400 go with this time also. both time I use the plugins that is default with 1964 though.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
The 8800 doesn't even come near it's limits playing N64 games. Such showdowns are the result of CPU/emulation bottleneck not a slow GPU.

I agree, especially Goldeneye 007! That's the only game that's confirmed to still struggle, even at 2.4 ghz!

It's possible that for the slowdowns to stop occurring that an Athlon 64 at 3.5 ghz or Core 2 Duo 3.5 ghz is required. Thus prepare to get out the phase change cooling equipment out! ;)