What's new

GBA multiplayer clarification

lol101

Hey, I'm using th NO$GBA emulator for pokemon pearl and trying to figure out the process of linking the games in the emulator but i'm sorta lost on one part of the instuctions

They always tell you to rename the GBA bios into gba.rom but i'm slightly confused as to what/where it is. Was I supposed to already have the GBA bios when i downloaded the ROM of pearl? or when I downloaded the emulator itself or is it another thing entirely?

I'm not asking for the link for the bios but just a clarification as to what it is so i can look for it better...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The GBA BIOS isn't usually needed by Gameboy Advance emulators in order to run the games, though I can't say what the situation is with No$Gba.

No, you are not supposed to have the GBA BIOS when you *downloaded* Pearl.

OP
L

lol101

oh...dang it lol so i'm assuming the GBA BIOS i need is then just that? not something game specific but rather the thing for the GBA itself?

I understand i sound like such an idoit but lol this certainly beats me trying to rename everything and hoping it works...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Am I going in the right direction if I'm assuming that you are trying some kind of interaction between the DS Pearl and a GBA Pokemon?

I'm not even sure if you even need the GBA BIOS for whatever it is that you're trying to do, nor am I entirely sure that No$Gba supports said linking properly (unless, of course, you can point me to a guide that explains whatever it is that you are trying to do better than you can).