What's new

(Game Device: None It) or IT FREAKING DISAPPEARED!

tsBMBN

2zhp4rd.jpg

It used to say XBOX 360 CONTROLLER there. I used to play Project64 with my wired 360 controller (without having installed any drivers, just P64 and the automatic job done by vista when I plugged it in.) I used to play, it worked.

Then my computer crashed. I turned it back on and the controller has disappeared. Same issue on Nineteen64 etc. I don't know what to do or where to turn.

I've downloaded xbox accessories 1.1 (didn't work) xbcd (didn't work) screwed about with all the settings I could find. I'm screwed. Help please!

Edit: The controller still works for modern games and is under device manager but it won't show up in control panels 'game controllers'

Last edited:
OP
T

tsBMBN

LOL I did that on day one. (This is day 5 of being pissed).

As a bump I will tell a short story.

I love the game Harvest Moon 64. Its probably the best iteration of the series (Or at least tied with the classic GameBoy version).
I screwed around with Starfox, Goldeneye, Mario(and Kart), Wave Race.. All games I loved as a child. But WHAT I REALLY WANTED was to play some fking amazing Harvest Moon.

And I can't because the controller won't register as a option :\

OP
T

tsBMBN

More importantly...Controller still doesn't work.

Its so weird it worked fine for about 3 days then the bottom fell out (figuratively)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You have the wrong file. Project64 asks for msvcp70.dll while the file you have is msvcr70.dll.

OP
T

tsBMBN

Okay you were right, I was an idiot. However, it didn't make any difference, it still doesn't find my xbox360 controller.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No. All controller plugins ask DirectInput for available gamepads/joysticks. If DirectInput can't find any suitable devices from the computer (due to driver, DirectX itself or some other issues), the list will be decidedly empty.

Last edited: