What's new

Full screen and picture stretched

Wyrd

Hello !

I've discovered Project64 for a few days and I was surprised (and glad !) to see these old games with nice textures. I tried Ocarina of Time with Federelli's textures (thanks a lot, Federelli !), it is really impressive but there is a little problem... When I put it in full screen, the 4:3 ratio disappeared and the game is stretched.

Is there a tip or something to correct it ?

Thank you !

Wyrd

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Does this happen without texture replacement? Note that Texture replacement isn't solely a Project64 feature (there is a dedicated forum for texture talk under the 1964 forum - not the most obvious thing I know), so this is not really a Project64 problem per se unless you get the same results in Project64 with the default graphics plugin.

Which might indicate that the problem is in your video card rather than Project64.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wyrd

Well, I put the default graphics plugin which is Jabo and it doesn't work either.

So, is my graphic card wrong ? I have an ATI one but I don't understand why it might be responsible of such a problem... Isn't it an option hidden in PJ64 to correct it ?

imspecial

try manually setting the full screen resolution in Jabo's plugin to whatever the largest 4:3 resolution your monitor can use

OP
W

Wyrd

I used 1440x900 (the resolution of my screen) and 1152x864 (the biggest resolution in 4:3) et it doesn't work, it stretched. Jabo's plugin or not.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If you have a non-4:3 monitor (and by the looks of it, your resolution is 16:9) and you use a 4:3 resolution in the emulator while fullscreen, you can be damn sure the end result will look stretched. I mean come on, what did you expect?

Last edited:

Clements

You should be able to toggle widescreen and 4:3 mode (with black bars either side) through your graphics drivers. Glide64 has a 4:3 option built in to it as well.

OP
W

Wyrd

I put a 4:3 resolution on my screen and black bars have appeared ! :D

Thanks a lot !