What's new

FPS Slow!

JayBK

When I run Super Mario Sunshine the FPS drops down to around about 3.0 FPS, also the textures do not appear (I've only been up to the main menu because it is so slow). Is there any way I could fix both of these problems?

Thanks.

OP
JayBK

JayBK

So are there any GC Emulators or Games that actually do run smoothly? 'Cause neither Super Mario Sunshine or Mario Party 6 run properly.

Has anyone got their Dolphin Emulator to run and games smoothly, or any different emulators?

Thanks.

onemustfall

Beta tester wanabe
Face it... Dolphin won't be able to run all Gamecube games properly for some amount of years. Until then enjoy the real thing (gamecube), and support Nintendo.

-cheers :happy:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Yeah, computers will have to become 20 times faster to be able to make GC emulation in its current state playable. [for complex games like Mario Sunshine that is] Still, that's not going to be _that_ long given how quickly PC's are getting faster. Either that or they become heavily optimized and run on one 10 times faster, only time will tell.

Cheaper just to buy a GC at this point, if you want it through your monitor that badly buy a TV card.

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Give it 2 years or so and I think most games will be playable at decent speeds on our current top of the line computers.

WhiteX

ShizZie said:
Give it 2 years or so and I think most games will be playable at decent speeds on our current top of the line computers.

even our mainstream ones, take chankast and project 64 for an example, reminding that even visual boy advance had very high minimum specs at its early stage, since compatibility is out of the system and ppl get to improve speed, dolphin will get pretty fast, real quickly.