What's new

For those who own Logitech Dual Action Gamepad and play Soul Calibur

poorman

I'm guessing here should be some people with this gamepad, at least I hope.

I bought the gamepad today and I find the DPad rather hard to use. What I mean is that it's hard to move forward or backward because I always end up moving diagonally forward or back. What's your thoughts about the DPad? You all play with the anlogue stick?

To be honest I think that SC is very good to play on the keyboard. I use arrow keys for the movment and WASD keys for actions like shown below

___________________W=y button
_________A=x button S=a button D=b button

plus q and e for trigger buttons. Only character I've learned is Kilik and I can pull off all the moves perfectly. He got moves where you have to push x+y or x+b buttons at the same time and it's no problem with the keyboard, on the gamepad it's much harder.

So I'm not sure anymore, should I start to learn the game with the gamepad or stick to the keyboard.

btw, I bought the pad mainly for Pro Evolution Soccer 3(and for PES4 when it comes out) as it's identical to PS2 pad and without it its impossible to pull off all the tricks.

cuda7171

Banned
i never bothered with PC gamepads. why dont you try a adaptiod controller adapter.i think they are under 20 bucks.that way what ever controller you are used to ,like gamecube,n64,ps2,saturn, you can use. adaptoid has made a great product. it is rumble compatible,has built in drivers and usually a key mapper.

yes poorman , i play with my analog stick

Last edited:

Cid

I got the Logitech RumblePad and I think the D-Pad is similar. Using Analog stick does help for a while until the calibration goes off and I can't move to the right anymore. I do agree, the keyboard is way better for fighting games than any gamepad.

BountyJedi

im using the gc controller complete with working rumble and all.
and yea im using the analog stick cause gc -dpad is small and makes your fingers hurt after som hours of play (especiallly fighters) and the gc is relitively easy to pull of diagonals on as the circle with the stick in is actually octagonal the gc is my controller choice =p
i actually do like the n64 a bitt too but i hate the way the analog stick of them cant last more than one month or so :/

eggo

Some Guy
I got the Logitech Dual Action gamepad as well,i think the analog is fine, and Soul Caliber's controls on it is fine, maybe it's just you?