What's new

Float Calc error

RyanLion

On Resident evil 4: Demo, i get a red "float calc error" on the screen, and only the title screen loads? Im new to Dolphin and emulation as a whole.

Thanks btw.

OP
R

RyanLion

Update

Okay, now it freezes on "The president's daughter was kidnapped" (not exact words :p)

I've tried some other peopels settings, such as Software render, but that says no D3d can be created?

OP
R

RyanLion

Windows Xp
1042 mb Ram
radeon 9200 SE (128mb)
2.5gz

=X

Dolphin is the latest one, but i did try this on 1.02, still nothing. Drivers are all updated.

Sercio

try to skip intro...
after that if you get ingame then disable the shader option to remove the glitch

Cobrax1884

Banned
Thanks that worked, (yes, i'm playing that game too ;)) oh and i saw a thread of re4 working at about 30-40 fps.I belive you cuz, well, with that monster...

OP
R

RyanLion

How do i skip the intro :p?

Which key would i press if i were on the Gamecube?

Last edited:
OP
R

RyanLion

Uh, it isnt working. ( sorry for double post)

Cobrax1884, what are you settings for this game?

mariokart64n

Your working from the bio4trial right? the cal error is common, happens only with the trial though, can't say why. But the benefit is that it does not suffer from the pixal shader problem RE4 does. This makes the trial more versitle then RE4. The only problem is bio4trial is a DEMO. Therefore there is no point in playing it really, besides playing with the debug menu. Actually this is the only way you can actually play this game, is to switch on the debug menu with GC-Tool. It will then appear at the title screen, and you can select you spawn point, what it does is skip the intro. You'll spawn somewhere else...

Of course there are problems, cause its a demo, map files are missing, so be careful on what stage you pick.. 1 or 2 ususally takes near the beginnning. Hope you keep trying.. if i can do it, so should you.