What's new

Feedback Wanted

Duncan

N64 Addict
Need some feedback from the poeple that count most :) Even though most of you have the pre-release v0.8.0 (unofficial), heres some issues and nagging questions that can help greatly:

1) 32bit Compile option = have you tried it? and what games worked with it, and did you have a noticable speed increase?
2) Rom Browser = Do you prefer the File Name: AeroGauge (U) [!] or just the Internal Name: AeroGauge shown?
3) Audio = what games are specially problematic and have staticy/stuttering sound in general?

Thanks in advance :)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
1) yes, look at my list, i tested all my games with the 32-bit core...and some games got a very nifty speed increase. note this was on 0.7.3, so there might be some new games that work, that didnt before on the 32-bit core. its worth including as low spec pcs well notice this feature in particular.
2) Its best to show goodn64 name like Aerogauge (U) [!] mainly because when ppl need help or wateva, its easier to detect if they hav a bad rom, or if that version does not work with 1964 or has compat. probs.
3) Again the games in my compat. list identifies quite a few, i think, when the official release comes out, ill redo the list a bit more with separate notes on results with azimar's latest beta, and 0.30 (old driver). Off the top of my head, castlevania, airboarder 64 are pretty scratchy.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Duncan said:
Need some feedback from the poeple that count most :) Even though most of you have the pre-release v0.8.0 (unofficial), heres some issues and nagging questions that can help greatly:

1) 32bit Compile option = have you tried it? and what games worked with it, and did you have a noticable speed increase?
2) Rom Browser = Do you prefer the File Name: AeroGauge (U) [!] or just the Internal Name: AeroGauge shown?
3) Audio = what games are specially problematic and have staticy/stuttering sound in general?

2) The first is better I think.
3) The only game that I've heard this is mega man 64 (since it's almost the only game i play on 1964 :eek: :blush: )

Slougi

Duncan said:

1) i've not really played around with it, but I know that at least Aerogauge works, and CBFD does not. Dunno more :p
2)File Name. It's confusing when different versions of the same game show up with the same name.
3) Not sure about this, will try with the latest build.

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
1) In some games like Goldeneye, the introduction goes way too fast, then the game play goes slower than .7.3.

2) Perfect Dark audio is the most problematic for me. In Turok 2 and 3 the audio gets way ahead of the video.

3) Turok 2 seems to hang for me in the 2nd prerelease but not in .7.3

4) I prefer if the GUI just showed the game name, and it had neat little icons by the games like Nemu64 does.

5) Smash Brothers seems to hang when you get really far in the game (even when I was at the last boss)

OP
Duncan

Duncan

N64 Addict
True the 32bit would help the lower-spec users, and its hard to know what games are compatable with it and SRAM and Flashram saves only worked for me with say 6 out of 10 games, so guess with some games its a matter of speed vs saves, but looking into it.

I agree with the GoodN64 file name in the rom browser, as you noted, cant tell what region/version rom people have (some of us have more than 1 version, lol), and not all of them check in the rom setting screen to find out what they have.

So far: Castlevania, Super Smash Bros., Conkers BFD, Airboarder, Aerofighters Assault, Beetle Adventure Racing, Big Mountain 2000, Carmageddon, Excitebike, Goldeneye, Harvest Moon, Zelda OOT, Perfect Dark, Mario Golf, Mario Party, Paper Mario, RR64, Rush, Rush 2049, Snowboard Kids, Waverace, Turok, World Is Not Enough, Megaman, and Xena have been the games most effected by audio staticy/stuttering sound, and have been addressed.

Gamer123: if your using pre-release v0.8.0, its known that it has a limiter/speed sync problem, so you will find a few games that the intro runs fast, but most in-game are ok, so just hang in there :)

crhylove

Banned
glad 2 hear about it....

we are overdue for a new 1964 ini! i just haven't had the time...
/me kix everything.

i like the nice neat rom name, cuz i'm fanatical about goodn' on my own, but having goodn names for the n00b's sakes might be good. i have bad audio in almost every game. i have power specs too, i can't figure it out really... the gfx/gameplay is near flawless for me though on over 70 of my 330 romz.

32 bit worx alot more than i'd have expected (why did i have expectations? i don't know.)

and yes i own all 330 cartridges.

:devil:

OP
Duncan

Duncan

N64 Addict
Currently i get awesome sound and gfx for all games with the exception of the non-supported (which is dam few), and ive got well over 500+ roms, and more on the way, but with the ini its a bit slow, as i make sure every single game is worked out completely before moving to the next (i work in groups/waves of 160 at a time), as quality is a big issue with me and want the best gfx, sound, saves, resolution, etc. that each game can have. Id rather have (as an example) 200 great games instead of 500 half-azzed games. The ini looks great with the full GoodN64 names, and should be a big help for newbies as well as experienced.