What's new

Fantasic work!!

xellpn

i havnt herd of any NGC emus untill yesterday, downloaded it, put the dlls in and worked like a charm, Speed is still impressive *im got 10fps on mariokart with a 3.8ghz intel p4HT and 7900gts 512mb*
just wanna say its a sweet peice of programming u got there and i hope it goes well!!

oh btw to the noobs. READ THE FAQs. i came on here and the amount of idiots here is amazing!!! oh well cant be helped >_<

farangath

Not everyone are born nerds :) :matrix:
Oh btw. if you change the Tick modifier which you can find under "Emulation" and then change to tick modifier 4. your fps will be higher ^^

Last edited:

BlueFalcon7

Wow, this is amazing! Another n00b to this community comes complimenting rather than complaining:) ! This is a good way to join. Mods look highly of you when you come in complimenting on the dolphin

OP
X

xellpn

that suggestion helped.. i got 11~12fps on mariokart. shame its still hardly playeble.
also i only compliment on things that are worth it! this is pretty amazing i wouldnt of expect it to be this far allready.
But reading up on the FPS, its down to the CPU so does this mean that theres no possible way of boosting the fps without getting a new cpu? or is it mostly down to the dolphin to emulate the speeds? or am i looking at the wrong picture?

BlueFalcon7

well, its kinda hard to edit Power PC executables on todays processors. Its very time consuming, it has to process the gamecube executable through the dolphins main executable (theres a little more to it) it also doesnt help that todays PC processors arent Power PC, unless you have a Mac, and I wouldnt advise getting one. Because Im not sure that theres a dolphin for Mac, and it would still be slow.

Toasty

Sony battery
xellpn said:
But reading up on the FPS, its down to the CPU so does this mean that theres no possible way of boosting the fps without getting a new cpu? or is it mostly down to the dolphin to emulate the speeds?
Both correct. Dolphin's code is still unoptimized and buggy, which slows things down, but the Gamecube is also a very complicated and relatively powerful system to emulate, hence the unattainably high system requirements (for full speed, that is). Also a problem is that PC processors are now developing more towards multiple cores than higher clock speeds and optimizing existing software for multiple threads is a long and difficult process in many instances. It will take time for the hardware and software to catch up. Maybe a year; maybe a decade. Nice to see another newcomer who appreciates the project BTW. :)

googy

Well yet dolphin does not deserve compliments. Seems xellpn didn't hear about emulators at all untill yesterday...

For a long time I've been watching the progress of pcsx2. No use to mention xbox emulators cause these projects seem to be dead. Then I got aquainted with gamecube emulators: whinecube, gcemu, dolphin, dolwin. Among all emulators that I mentioned dolphin project is the most "clumsy" one.

1) First of all this is the only emulator of this list that refused to work two computers on which other emulators work and even such complicated emulator as pcsx2 works well.

2) It is awful to read here people suggesting to change dll's in system32 on special ones provided by your team. If your emulator needs some very special dll's make the emulator read them from it's own directory but don't suggest to change working dll's in system32 on your unknown dll's.

3)The forum of this emulator has the most pathetic feedback I've ever seen. Nothing in comparison to pcsx2 forum. And don't say you are very busy. They are busy as well. It seems that the only person really working here is Fires and others are just doing bla-bla-bla and calling every person who came to the forum a n00b. After all they are not more then n00bs themselves.

4) The emulator is clumsy and crude. Your emulator is the only one that didn't give graphics output on my computers with good Geforce graphics accelerators and pentium M and athlon AMD K7 processors. And in this case your FAQ appears to be completely useless. How can your team talk about making an emulator higly compatible to gamecube games? You should first of all make it compatible to pc's it shoud be used on.

And by the way visit pcsx2 project. Maybe it will teach you something. :evil:

Toasty

Sony battery
googy said:
And by the way visit pcsx2 project. Maybe it will teach you something. :evil:
Why don't you teach yourself how to write a Gamecube emulator before you criticize the people who worked so hard to give one to you for free?

googy

I criticize not to harm someone or just laugh. On my opinion there is something very important missing in this project and I try to tell about it. Seems it has been regarded for too long according to emulator versions I saw. To be more clear I gave examples (other emulator projects). It's own busyness of those who write the emulator whether to take it into account or not. But if noone will criticize these disadvantages of the project they will stay for sure. And this is fatal (on my opinion). It is written in a little unpleasant manner because of 3).