What's new

Expansion Pack

alexa999

Banned
BabyMario said:
1964 version 0.8.5

Ok I dont have any experience with 1964, Use Project64 1.5 with the default plugins.:plain: If you dont feel like switching emulators, just keep 1964 and put Project64 somewhere else on your drive and just use Project64 for Donkey Kong. I do that, I have Project64, but I dont use it to emulate Mario 64, I use Corn just for Mario 64.:)

OP
B

BabyMario

When I play DK64 on Project 64, all I get is an error that says

Error. In a permanent loop that cannot be exited. Emulation will now stop.

How do I fix this?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
he asked how to turn the exp pak on, so saying use another emu is really annoying. if you look in 1964 rom options you'll find a 4MB/8MB RDRAM option (which may be labelled slightly differently), set that to 8MB. DK64 probably works better in 1964 than PJ64, because it probably doesn't have the timing problem.. but i haven't used 1964 for a while so i'm not sure.

Also you probably have a bad ROM there.

scotty

The Great One
Smiff might be right, it could be a bad ROM, the best one for DK64 is the U ! version, the Europe one is not very good.
DK64 has always had problems with the core in the game with any emulator, rememebr the barrell shooting, you need to fiddle with the counter factor in the game to run this part of it.

I hope whenever Schibo releases his final 1964 version, that this is taken care of.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Pretty sure its a bad rom. I had the same problem some time ago, and it was a rom fault. Switching to another emu wouldn't fix that either.

And Pj64 and 1964 both turn on expansion pack on for DK4 by default

scotty

The Great One
BabyMario said:
Yup. I have DK 64 (E). Where can I get the (U) version?

Look Hard, think hard, but never request it on emutalk.net, thats what I always say to people.

Nemo

Master Sporksman
Heh, saying use a different emulator isn't bad, try going to the ZSNES board:
"Oh, play a different game, that game is crap anyway."

Sometimes even when the game is fixable *grin*. In the past few days I think I've seen that as a "solution" like three times.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Corn can only run Mario 64, starfox(no sound), and a few others, its a pretty old emulator, and isn't very compatible with newer windows os's, try using the 2.0 version

I recommend Uhle 1.0.4 for lower end users, because its fast and compatible. it doesn't run dk64 yet.

Btw: 1964 has timing issues with DK64 as well. no emulator is capable of running this game properly.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
I think top gear overdrive and top gear rally 2 use expansion pack as an option.

Majoras Mask works only with expansion pack.

Perfect Dark gives only a very few options if you play it without expansion

I think turok (2 or 3???) use expansion pack also