What's new

Everybody got speed but me ?!?

megadriver

Hi guys,

I have a original Dreamcast console with over 100 games, and I was just waiting till I get a new VGA card so I could play it on my PC.

Now I got a P4 2.0Ghz with 1Gb of RAM and a GeForce 6600Gt. But every game that I try to play with chankast is extremely slow. While in game the windows task manager shows that my CPU is under 20%, but the game runs slow. Using chankast's overclocking doesn't change anything ... My CPU goes to 100%, Dreamcast's CPU goes over 200% but the game is still slow ...

The funny thing is that I've read in many forums people telling that CVS2 runs too fast that they have to "underclock" the dreamcast CPU. These people are using PCs similar to mime, but for me, I had to wait over a century just to reach the main game menu :S

What could be wrong ? There is some hack for speed or something like that ? I can play many PC games with all video features enabled (Age3, Civ4, Gta, etc). It doesn't seen to be a problem with my video card ...

Thanx for any help ...

Nino MegaDriver
<< www.megadriver.com.br >>

Clements

Speed in Chankast is almost entirely dependant on the CPU. Your CPU (in the context of Chankast) is sub-par for two reasons:

1. It is pretty slow and old;
2. It is a Pentium 4.

Some games will be slow regardless, but games that can run fullspeed will do so on AMD processors that are around 2GHz.