What's new

EternalNGE WIP Report

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
Category: <b>Playstation</b><br><br>My good buddy Rene has posted up a new work in progress report regarding his Playstation emulator EternalNGE. Here is what he posted about the latest developments.

After changing the code to let eternalnge think the cd cover is open more demo's started to run nicely 'Manta' from Sony for instance. Still there are some demo's that don't work but in my collection that's only a handfull. So this means compatibility is reasonable enough. Onto the next bottleneck namely 'speed'. As my primary development pc is only a 450 MHz P3 the focus shifted on a recompiler aka jit or binary translation.

Due to the maturity of the emulator i also held a informal review of the code and was totally shocked about the hacks and code style, therefore some parts will be totally rewritten. This delays progress a bit but better to write maintainable code than garbage.

Head on over to the official site for more information. Looking forward to more progress Rene, keep up the great work.

:: EternalNGE Official Site