What's new

Emulator Speed/FPS Issue.

StarPi

Hi i'm using the newest version of the dolphin emulator (version r7608).
I recently downloaded this GC game (Crash bandicoot the wrath of cortex) and the game runs at aprox. 20-25 fps and 70% speed at some locations even at 50-60% speed. I've followed several tutorials on how to configure it. I've also noticed that the dolphin emulator, at some points, uses up to 70% of my processor. I'm quite sure my computer can handle this emulator but you be the judge.

Intel Core i5 650

Core Speed ~ 3330 MHz

2 Cores 4 Threads

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5850

Windows 7 - 64 bit

I have SSE 1, 2, 3, 3S, 4.1, 4.2

~ 8GB RAM

I've tried almost every possible configuration it still seems to run at 70% speed or lower and 20-25 fps. I also downloaded another GC game because I thought that it might be the game but no.... i'd appreciate any help/advice thank you.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
1. Never admit you stole (downloaded) a game. Not only is it illegal, we don't know if the image has been tampered with.
2. Emulating a GameCube/Wii and all their components on an x86 or x86_64 architecture is an incredibly complex process. Try using interpreter mode, you'll see what it looks like with no JIT optimizations. It's painfully slow. It follows that JIT/IL will still be fairly sluggish in some cases. You can tweak some settings but at some point there's only so much you can do.
3. r7608 isn't the most recent version anymore. It's constantly updated. You might try the most recent (you can find it in my signature at the moment) but currently there's some minor video glitches in some games.