What's new

Ecco the dolphin doesn't load (NRG file type?)

Ukitake

SOLVED: Just used v1.2 Utopia's boot disc then mounted Ecco and it went along well! Too bad it has missing textures and graphics though! I've heard you can run it better in 0.2 old gfx? I've tried to but it loops infinitelly when the utopia spinning reindeer turns silver with a silver cd on the background.

Hey everyone, I've just started using Chankast recently to relive some of my DC (which was sold) memories and I'm loving it. I've managed to get and play Shenmue and PowerStone2 so far with no problems (except most Shenmue music loop).

I was eager to play Ecco The Dolphin - Defender of the Future but when I got it I noticed it was an .NRG filetype image and not .CDI like Shenmue and PowerStone2. Nevertheless I loaded it with Daemon and tried starting it but all it loaded was the DC bios menu, which tried to play the CD as if it was an audio cd with 1 Track of 79 minutes.

I've noticed that WindowsXP detects Ecco's CD as a CD-Rom while Shenmue and PowerStone2 are considered Music CDs. If I explore them I noticed both SM and PS2 have a bunch of .BIN files and a 1ST_READ.BIN file while Ecco has a .GDE and .AFS files (no 1ST_READ.BIN - the only ones are 0.BIN and IP.BIN). Also Ecco's image size is pratically half the size of Shenmue's or PS2 image files.

Am I using the wrong image or am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance! :bouncy:

EDIT: I've been reading around and noticed other people that had the same problem was due to it not being self-bootable or something like that. Can someone explain me better what should I do with my *.nrg image to make it into a Chankast-playable *.cdi image?

Last edited: