What's new

Early bottle trick in Ocarina of Time crashes PJ64

Glitcher

There's a trick in Ocarina of Time that was discovered a while back that allows you to get a bottle with a blue potion in your inventory by exploiting a glitch inside the Great Deku Tree. See this video:

In version 1.2 of the game, if you get hit while grabbing Deku Nuts for the first time after exiting a crawl space, you're able to move around with the nuts in your head. This 'stores' the item you collect until you surface from the water. By standing in front of certain chests, you can change what item you get. If you stand in front of the map chest then jump into the water, you'll have a bottle with a blue potion when you surface.

Now here's the problem: doing this glitch on PJ64 crashes the emulator, but only if you use Jabo's or Glide64's video plugin. The glitch works as intended if you use Rice's video plugin, but I don't know why. Glide64 usually has the highest compatibility and looks best with every game, but I've tried changing every setting and I can't figure out why it crashes the emulator. Can someone help me?