What's new

DVD Writers

Allnatural

sethmcdoogle said:
From my experience, Verbatim discs are the best way to go. They're far more versatile (can burn faster than stated speed with minimal coasters, using my drive at least, and seem to be very stable in regards to scratch resistance). I love them. :)
Heh, I had little choice. Verbatim's are the only 8x DVD+Rs I can find locally. I have heard plenty of good things about them though.

smcd

Allnatural said:
Heh, I had little choice. Verbatim's are the only 8x DVD+Rs I can find locally. I have heard plenty of good things about them though.

At least you can find 8x media! I'm spinning my 4x discs at 8x right now... :(

sheik124

Emutalk Member
sethmcdoogle said:
At least you can find 8x media! I'm spinning my 4x discs at 8x right now... :(
lol, whats wrong with that? :p i did that for about a month till i could find some cheap 8x media, newegg.com has kick-ass deals on all of ritek's 8x media, both - and +, and i've never had a single ritek coaster, ever
oh, btw, selling my DVR-107 to get a DVR-108, PM me if yer interested

Flash

Technomage
sheik124 said:
lol, whats wrong with that? :p i did that for about a month till i could find some cheap 8x media, newegg.com has kick-ass deals on all of ritek's 8x media
Ritek suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :puke:

Cheap media = "(insert your name here)'s lost files" :D

Last edited:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Allnatural said:
I've never had a problem with Ritek media.

I had a lot of problems.... since CDR....

Ps to Eagle: DONT BUY PLEXTOR :p :happy: :D :D :D :D and really, Intel sucks.... my last intel system in my life :yucky: :) :D

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I would have to agree eagle, don't buy plextor, you can't fight results, they simply aren't good drives.

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
Hexidecimal said:
I would have to agree eagle, don't buy plextor, you can't fight results, they simply aren't good drives.

Again, I dont know what you are talking about... results? They are the best drives out there. My 8/4/32 Plexwriter has lasted me the last 5 years and its still going. I have never had a coaster with it that wasnt caused by a software crash. How is that not a good drive?

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Eagle said:
Again, I dont know what you are talking about... results? They are the best drives out there. My 8/4/32 Plexwriter has lasted me the last 5 years and its still going. I have never had a coaster with it that wasnt caused by a software crash. How is that not a good drive?

Calm down...... no stress..... relax.... the brand isn't the most important thing for me, since the product works good when i need....

NO STRESS PPL, this isnt a war...... :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Flash

Technomage
Hexidecimal said:

They are... hmm different drives, but not so good for it's price
and i don't like to buy NEC or LiteOn drive as Teac, Sony or Plextor and pay extra $20-60 just for letters on plastic :D That OEM stuff... They think we are so stupid ?

I have LiteOn 812S reflashed to 832S (i have only one DL disc though,bought only for tests, they are extremely expensive now, it's better to buy 6x Verbatim DVD+RW single layer discs) and it's a good drive for it's price, a bit noisy when reading CDs, but never had any problems.

Flash

Technomage
Allnatural said:
I've been thinking of doing that with my drive. I assume you've had no problems since the flash?
No probs but you have to patch firmware to enable crossflashing or use prepatched firmware. If something will go wrong (power loss etc) you can always revive drive drive with DOS version of mtkflash and binary firmware. But i
never had any problems.
I have working 812S@832S firmware, send me ICQ message if you need it.

Clements

I'm eyeing up NEC's flagship ND3500. It supports 16X DVD+R and DVD-R, and 4X Dual Layer. Best of all, it's only £60 where I usually buy my crap from. At least on paper, this is one of the best drives I've seen so far that is readily available.

http://www.nec.co.uk/DVDRW.aspx

The only problem will be getting the appropriate media for the thing.