What's new

DSP Emulation.

FoxFan

Alright, I am very impressed from what I have seen from the Dolphin emulator. I have monitored it's progress since the teaser stages and am most pleased with what the team has come up with. However, I would be much more impressed if the creators of the Dolphin emulator created tools for converting files as well as emulating them. For example, the DSP RenderWare audio format. Couldn't an app be created using the DSP plug-in to just emulate and play the DSP audio found in certain Gamecube games? I'm sure quite a few of you would love to have a fully playable soundtrack of one of your favorite Gamecube games on your mp3 player or audio compact disc. I don't know if I am just wasting my breath, but I thought I might consult some people who have already successfully emulated DSP audio before I start swinging in the dark.

I already know there was a DSP dll file released for Winamp 2.11, and it was compatible with the 1st Metroid audio files, but RenderWare tends to change their coding quite often, trying to compact as much as they can into a disc, and claiming it is efficient.

Thank you,
FoxFan

soccerboi00

The DSP audio plugin for can also play Wario World dsp files but not metroid prime 2. I have only tested three games with it others might work

ArgJuli

Argentine emutalk-tennisplayer
So with that DSP plugin, sound problems will be fixed?? Yesterday I download a OST file of SMBM, but that are sound files for Winamp.......with some plugin or something,
these OST files can be played in Dolphin??? Thanks

OP
F

FoxFan

No, wait, I don't think you are getting what I am saying. There is currently 1 DSP plugin by ector, and there is 1 Winamp plugin by Destop of Crazy Nation (anyone know how to get a hold of him?). If a source were released of either of these, a program could theoretically be made to play and convert just dsp files. OST cannot be played in Dolphin because you cannot switch graphics on an off. If the DSP plugin is updated to where you can dump streaming audio, people could rip a game's music by going into a sound test, and turning off the graphics, but neither of these can be done. And I already know that the OS is built to handle certian DSPs on the various gamecube games, but in order to interpert that sound, that is why the plugin is needed. I will post the Winamp plugin here, since I do not believe it violates anything in any way. I am not promoting piracy or ripping games, I am simply a curious developer and I happen to program in audio as well. I have also included an already made converter for gamecube adp files, which are quite dissimmilar to DSP, but it shows that audio converters do exist out there, and there should be more of them.