What's new

dreamcast isos seen as audio cds

allawer1972

Hi,
I always used chankast and dreamcast isos on my PC normally but recently I re-installed the system and now every time I mount a dreamcast iso or I use a dreamcast backup in the cd reader my system always reads it as and audio cd with audio track1(???). If I mount an iso that needs the boot cd it reads its contents normally (!!!). :huh:
Can anybody please help me to fix this problem? :blush:
Thanks in advance!

END-TIME-X

Alpha & Omega
first off, are you using Daemon tools 3.29? Secondly, you should try using Selfboot w/ the exoskeletor GUI. It can be found in the chankast Tools thread.

END-TIME-X

Alpha & Omega
flowrent said:
3.29?
I use 3.47 and it works this way...
Is there more speed with 3.29 :p ?

from what i've experienced, and from what I've read from other members; 3.29 seems to work best with chankast. something about later versions of Dtools not emulating the selfboot function of cdi's properly.

OP
A

allawer1972

I use Daemon Tools 4.0. It always worked fine, only now after re-installing Windows XP I have problem to make my system read Dreamcast isos, either with a virtual cd emulator like daemon tools (or even the one of Alcohol) or with a backup disk inside the cd reader.

GCFreak

Download Daemon Tools v3.29 and use that. Lower and above versions don't work very properly with Chankast.

OP
A

allawer1972

thanks for your suggestion but Daemon Tools 4 is not the problem;
also mounting iso images on alcohol gives the same problem furthermore using a dreamcast game cd-r I get the same problem. Everything in my system detects dreamcast games (iso image or cd-r) as audio cds. I tried to dump a dreamcast cd-r with alcohol and it finds an audio track just before the data track!
I have installed also blindwrite 5 with its vso drivers; could it be the problem?
I have nero, blindwrite and alcohol + daemon tools 4 but I never had any problem before until now that I completely re-installed the system...

OP
A

allawer1972

these dreamcast isos/cd-rs are already self-boot, if I use a non self-boot iso/cd-r my system sees it normally (!!!)
It is the self-boot part at the beginning of the game that is detected as audio.
Anyway I think it is due to the Nero program InCD that I have installed recently, when I terminated the program and mounted an image with daemon tools I could see normally the contents of the game, just little time before a blue screen locked my system though...

OP
A

allawer1972

I totally re-installed the system again and did NOT install
Nero InCD this time, now the system detects the isos/cdrs normally like before, even with Daemon Tools 4. :p
Nero InCD is a sort of DirectCD and once installed stays resident in the system causing the wrong detection of Dreamcast CDs. :huh:
Well, that's all (I hope); thanks to everybody for your support and suggestions! :bouncy:

Aleron235

I sometimes get this problem when my BIOS files become corrupted. Obtain a new copy and overwrite the existing copies. Keep the new copies in a seperate folder for future use if the BIOS gets corrupted again.