What's new

Doom64 glitches fixed on glide64

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Gonetz has fixed yet more things in Glide64! :happy:
This time, he has fixed some things in Doom64. The screenshots were originally posted at EmuXHaven, but here they are.

Of course, all credit goes to Gonetz.

First pic:

I have fixed some of problems reported by FirebrandX1.
1. "4. Stage 1's 2nd to last room should have a rotating yellow sector-light that makes the whole room pulsate. This room is blandly lit on the emulator version with no light rotation."
Fixed. Works not so smooth as it supposed to be (it works perfect with Rice's plugin v 4.60 and good videocard), but it's better than nothing. This effect uses combiner wich is impossible to emulate with Glide without software texture modification.

post-9-1055151489.jpg

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

2. "Map problems. When you press the map button, the game brings up the texure map of the level. When you press the map button a 2nd time, the game goes into line-sector mode. This does not work on the emulator version. "

Now it does. Try to find another plugin which supports this :)

post-9-1055151597.gif

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

3. " In the Void: Why is the background pitch-black? Completely wrong mood setting. The console version has a heavy green haze the limits much of your field of view. This is similar to the missing fog effect, but very specific to this stage in nature."

Now background is not black. Green haze is actually a fog. It is not missed, just too thin. I can't fix it right now.

post-9-1055151827.jpg

The last!
Nice working ya Gonetz, and keep it up! :happy:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
And I can't actually test the betas right now... :( I screwed up a bunch of drivers in what I like to call "the VMWare incident", and 3D is the one thing I haven't been able to make work right again. I'm also not going to have time to reinstall WinXP for another week.