What's new

Donkey Kong 64 Camera issue

MuchaMocha

Alright, here's the problem:
In my Donkey Kong 64 game, the movement is very clunky, meaning, when I move forward it sometimes goes straight forward but other times the camera adjusts slightly making me walk to the right. This makes walking over thin beams real hard, since when I move forward I constantly walk in circles. Moving to the left is the only straight thing possible.

I use PJ64 1.7.0.49 on Windows vista, with aero off and game on XP compatibility mode.
For video plugin I use Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.4
with default settings except the "Emulate clear" option in the game specific tab.
I run the emu in windowed mode.
The problem also happens on PJ64 1.6.

For input I use Jabo's DirectInput7 1.7.0.8
I have also tried N-Rage's DirectInput8 V2 1.82 without avail

I'm using a wired XBox360 controller. This camera shifting occurs with and without controller so it's definitely not the calibration. I've also verified that it's not pressing the left C-button when moving since it would jump more radically then.

I have totally no ideas anymore of what it could be. I hope someone could help me, ask me any additional information needed.

I think it's the video plugin, Jabo's doesn't have this problem.
Then again, the game is unplayable because of the "box vision" with this one.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If you are using Project64 1.7 and donated to get it, you should have received your account information and thus have access to the PJ64 1.7 beta board - post 1.7 related problems there.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
stop using mudlords video for starters, its no longer developed, since you can run that, then you can obviously run glide64

and err.. box vision is what exactly?

OP
M

MuchaMocha

Glide64 does not run at all, the emu will crash like the rest.
Box vision, as I call it, is where you only see an entrance to another place while the rest of the screen is black.