What's new

Dolphin

Vegetable

Banned
There are a few tools floating around the internet that can do that, there's fraps, I think that's at www.fraps.com , there's snagit, which has a free trial, that's at www.techsmith.com which is the one I use. You could probably find some others at www.download.com . One last thing, it would help if instead of the topic name being Dolphin, it was named How to take screenshots?. You see, if there is a couple of people asking for help at this forum, if they're all named Dolphin help, and one named, for example, keyboard not recognising, that topic will stick out, and people would probably go to that one first.

legoman666

you dont need any special tools...

just minimize everything but dolphin when you have a game running, then when you want to take a screenshot, pause it, click on the desktop to make it the active "window". Then itll let you take a screenshot.

kage

I think you're missing some steps there legoman666. Windows CAN take a screenshot for you, but not following your above intructions. Try it, take another screenshot, and you'll see what I mean. :D

:ninja:

legoman666

kage said:
I think you're missing some steps there legoman666. Windows CAN take a screenshot for you, but not following your above intructions. Try it, take another screenshot, and you'll see what I mean. :D

um, yeah, it works fine.... heres a screen i took following my instructions... sorry bout the size.

Vegetable

Banned
Um, no it doesn't work, you didn't even say how you do it, you just said, and I quote
legoman666 said:
Then itll let you take a screenshot.
HOW will it let me take a screenshot? What comes up? NOTHING.

Vegetable

Banned
Well duh. But he didn't explain that you NEED a capture card, and that you NEED to press print screen. The guy didn't say anything about pressing anything.

kage

legoman666 said:
who said anything about using a capture card?

I'm sorry I dont understand....? You dont press the 'print screen' button or anything? So you are saying by pausing any game (or for argument sake, Dolphin) when you left click on the desktop, it will take a screenshot? Where does it keep these?

edit
and what OS are you using by the way? Is that a Mac icon in the bottom left hand corner of your screen?

MrRatt

When you press print screen, your current screen is stored on the clipboard. Open and graphics program and paste it. However, Dolphin cannot be the active window or you will just get a black screen where the game is being displayed. Same as if you are watching a movie in media player...

kage

MrRatt said:
When you press print screen, your current screen is stored on the clipboard. Open and graphics program and paste it. However, Dolphin cannot be the active window or you will just get a black screen where the game is being displayed. Same as if you are watching a movie in media player...

I totally get that, but he makes no mention of pressing print screen, only clicking on the desktop, this is what I was trying to get him to explain...I thought maybe he was thinking of another way...