What's new

Dolphin Sound Problem...

Charlot

Hi everyone !

So i go a problem... When I start my game all running fine. But no sound...

I go a USB headset. I think that is the problem. But I dont know how to change de driver...

Knuckles

If you read around, you'll notice there are quite a few games without sound (most Nintendo games). the GameCube DSP system is really hard to understand due to lack of docs and so.

LelandStanford

If you read around, you'll notice there are quite a few games without sound (most Nintendo games). the GameCube DSP system is really hard to understand due to lack of docs and so.

Has anyone thought to ASK Nintendo for those docs? I'm sure they'd approve ;)
If Hideo Kojima could beg enough to have Masahiro Sakurai put Snake in SSBB, I'm sure we could do the same with Shigeru. :D

Last edited:

Drizen

Has anyone thought to ASK Nintendo for those docs? I'm sure they'd approve ;)
If Hideo Kojima could beg enough to have Masahiro Sakurai put Snake in SSBB, I'm sure we could do the same with Shigeru. :D

You realize that by asking them for said docs would be to basically openly admit to them that we are attempting to reverse engineer their software for illegal purposes? Hell, if we're going to ask them for sound docs, we might as well just go the extra mile and ask them for the entire source code and documentation on all the intricacies of their internal hardware.

Last edited:

LelandStanford

You realize that by asking them for said docs would be to basically openly admit to them that we are attempting to reverse engineer their software for illegal purposes? Hell, if we're going to ask them for sound docs, we might as well just go the extra mile and ask them for the entire source code and documentation on all the intricacies of their internal hardware.

That would make these projects illegal then ;)
Whoops :D

It would actually be good to negotiate a deal with Nintendo where advanced Kaillera-like netplay for gc games would be produced and any profits (if ever made) would go to them. If the wii accomplishes that though, then all this will be pointless.

Last edited:

Drizen

Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to negotiate a deal with Nintendo for them to allow us to develop a much more efficient and compatible emulator for GC games, and quickly. It's just that it's highly unlikely that they would comply, and to do so could be putting the Dolphin at risk of receiving the dreaded "Cease and Desist" letter. It probably wouldn't hurt to try though...