What's new

Dolphin question? help!

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
No. You can't do it. You have to rip the games using another way. Unfortunately we can't help you on this.

GCFreak

I'm sorry but today's DVD players wont read the gamecube games because of the strong and undo-able encrytion on the disk's...

DOGG

GCFreak said:
I'm sorry but today's DVD players wont read the gamecube games because of the strong and undo-able encrytion on the disk's...
Wrong. It's because of the way data is stored on them. That is, it's in unusual places so when your standard dvd player tries to read it, it gets confused. You would have to reprogram your dvd drive's firmware for it to be able to read the disc correctly.

GCFreak

DOGG said:
Wrong. It's because of the way data is stored on them. That is, it's in unusual places so when your standard dvd player tries to read it, it gets confused. You would have to reprogram your dvd drive's firmware for it to be able to read the disc correctly.

reprogramming the firmware is very hard to do is it????

DOGG

GCFreak said:
reprogramming the firmware is very hard to do is it????
Yes, very. Unless you understand the way dvds are structured and the way drives read them (on a low level), then there's no way you're going to do it. Plus you have to understand the firmware.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Errrr, from what I understand, the GC disc has it's information written starting from the outside edge of the disc going and is also read that way by a GC, whereas, a standard CD/DVD is written and read starting from the inside going out.

DOGG

generalplot said:
Errrr, from what I understand, the GC disc has it's information written starting from the outside edge of the disc going and is also read that way by a GC, whereas, a standard CD/DVD is written and read starting from the inside going out.
no, that's just a silly rumour

GCFreak

gc DVD's arent read outside in and they're not spun backwards......the data is stored in confusing places, as DOGG stated....theres maybe ALSO an encryption, but i dont know.....

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
GCFreak said:
gc DVD's arent read outside in and they're not spun backwards......the data is stored in confusing places, as DOGG stated....theres maybe ALSO an encryption, but i dont know.....

OK, OK, geeesh, you don't need to repeat Dogg. I got it the first time.:plain: