What's new

Dolphin Emulation in 3D

achen192

OK, so I just ordered my IZ3D Monitor to render graphics in 3D. I have vista X64 installed, am upgrading to a GTX280 and have 4 gigs of ddr2 1060 ram with a q6600 at stock speed. this is overall the hardware i have to work with, but in your opinion, would i even be able to play windwaker or TP at an ok speed in 2D? should i even attempt testing the games in 3D? My dream would be to play ssbm in 3d with my friends, but I'm not sure what kind of framerate i would get with this? (I'm asking you guys because, I don't want to ahead of time find and dl all the games. thus killing my bandwidth...) Has anyone tried GC in 3D?

arablizzard2

Hmm using backups of your legally purchased games in Dolphin shouldn't affect your bandwidth so the point is moot. ;)

I haven't tried a stereoscope monitor, but I'd assume it'd be glitchy like the stereoscope drivers Nvidia provides for some of their video cards.

X-Fi6

Magic Eye has always been pwnage. Do you wear 3d glasses with your monitor or do you just cross (well technically "diverge") your eyes? And which one is intended? :)

OP
A

achen192

its a polarized screen, you wear slightly tented glasses. plus they make their own drivers for the monitor, so much better than just winging it with nvidia stereo drivers =/

rodzandz

Oh just great!
First we had to invest 400 bucks on the latest 3D card, then 400 more on a good 22" flat panel, now we have to get "3D" monitors or else we're still stuck in 2D??!

What will they think of next? 3D body suits?

Seriously now, those monitors will set you back around $500-600! And you
still have to wear those cheesy 50's era glasses... Are they really worth it?

OP
A

achen192

actually, i got the monitor for $300 on Amazon, plus you can get the anaglyph (red/blue) drivers off Nvidia's website (vista only). the only difference is the color distortion, i got tired of it so i upgraded, that's life.
Do you have a 3d lcd urb4n zomb13?

shuffle2

i have about the same specs you do, z:tp runs pretty fast...
EFB copy to texture is a major slowdown, you can turn it off, causing some things to not show, but it takes me from about 2/3 speed to about realspeed. :/