What's new

DOA2 loading error? Help!

Hagakure

Can you guys help a newbye?
I tried to get some result out of Chankast but it seems that i am not able.
I didn't want to bother you....but after reading manuals and faq i still don't get how to play my beloved DOA2 on this emulator.
Well....here is my situation. I have a good and fast computer (P4 64 bit 3.0 Ghz, a Radeon PCI Express Card and Win Xp service pack 2), i have installed Chankast 0.25 and Daemon Tools 3.46.
I have found on the net and installed the two dreamcast bios files (i think european version) and the image of my game. It's an .CDI image of 713 megs.
I have mounted the image with Daemon Tools and i have started Chankast.
The emulator starts and shows me the DreamCast logo, the Sega logo and then comes to a screenshot with 4 options: Juego (game? it's spanish?, Archivio, Musica and Configuracion.
The problem is that at this point i can't do nothing: Chankast seems not blocked or crashed......but i see a clock on the screen just above Configuracion (it's loading something?) and everything stops here.
Pressing buttons doesn't help.
What have i to do?
Maybe it's something stupid.....but i can't figure out (it's my first time with emulators).
Thanks to all in advance.

Last edited:

GCFreak

Ignore the above post. Press Juego. If it takes you back to the menu, you need to self-boot the image. Check the Chankast tools thread.