What's new

DNA Driver Problems

minkster

Hey guys I have a sony vaio laptop and I recently installed the DNA 3.0.4.9 driver. It seems that a lot of my games are slower than usual. Like for instance in Mario64 I am getting slow downs on some parts of the game and such. I think that when I installed the new drivers I overwrote some files from the previous DNA driver installation. I think that I have some useless dll's that arent being used by the graphics card. Could this be causing slow downs? And how should I go about cleaning the DNA drivers to start anew? thanks-minkster

OP
minkster

minkster

If DNA drivers suck what would you recommend I'd use for my laptop card :p Besides the original drivers that is. Should I switch back to Omega Drivers or are they just as crappy?

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Trotterwatch said:
Uninstall the drivers then use driver cleaner... btw DNAs are a pile of shit IMO ;)

That's something, we're on the same boat, having to keep that trusty (mostly) Pixel Shader 1x Radeon and trying to find solutions ;). I agree with you, the DNA drivers ATM are a pile of shit, they suck donkey balls, because when I tried them with a testing Windows installation (Windows 2000 or Windows XP), it refused to install with the error message that it didn't find any display adapters on my system!!! Not cool. I believe that the W1zzard Catalyst drivers rock, because I can overclock and they have been stable.

OP
minkster

minkster

I Uninstalled the crappy DNA driver's and installed Omega drivers and now everything works great again. I'm so surprised how much DNA slowed down my card. The stupid extra options like Sick fps doesnt even work and is a bigger download than Omegas. Thanks for the help!-minkster