• No, but I can get it later

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and I don't want it either

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I was just wondering now...
Since I wish to know which version to focus on--DX8 or 9?
How many has DirectX9 installed? If not, could you get/install it easily? Ie, install it off a gaming magazine cd, or if you have a good connection, download it and install it?

I wish to see some statistics, so I know! :happy:

Clements

I noticed speed improvements in some microsoft apps such as Windows Media Player 9. Other than that pretty minor, as my card does not fully support DX9 like those top of the range ones.

Allnatural

I don't know why people fuss over the latest DirectX. I've yet to see a speed difference from one version to the next, though everyone claims there is one. I'll update when it's necessary, as in when I buy a game that requires it.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Just wondering, why the hell did you put two options at the poll, that mean the exact same thing. I mean, "I can download it" and "I have it on CD" is the exact same shit.

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
I have it, downloaded it when it came out... I've not had any problems with it, it works fine, like it should...

radTube

lazy bastard
Installed it almost immediately when it was released. No problems at all but no big improvements either.

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

DuDe said:
Just wondering, why the hell did you put two options at the poll, that mean the exact same thing. I mean, "I can download it" and "I have it on CD" is the exact same shit.
Well didn't really think about it...feel free to edit if you can. :baaa:
Myself, I was just wondering because of every new dx release, they try to make the api easier.
So I was just wondering :)

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
I installed DX9 right after getting my Radeon :satisfied

Immediately fired up all the ATi demos. Came out a little disappointed, but still pretty impressed. Most disappointing thing has to be that the NPR Hatching demo wouldn't display anything at all in the normal mode (though it'd look fine in the feature-centric modes). Yay for ATi, their own tech demo didn't work right. :blush:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Clements said:
I noticed speed improvements in some microsoft apps such as Windows Media Player 9. Other than that pretty minor, as my card does not fully support DX9 like those top of the range ones.

Unfortunately, GeForce 4 MXs don't
even 100 percent support DirectX 8.1,
thus you probably will cry if and
when you are running 3D Mark 2001 SE,
because 3D Mark 2001 SE will prohibit
Game 4 Nature and some other tests
from rendering, because GeForce 4MXs
don't have pixel shader support, thus
a GeForce 4 MX is
more like a souped up GeForce 2 MX , thus required
to get at least a GeForce 4 Ti or GeForce 3 if you want 100 percent true DirectX 8 support. :(

Last edited:

radTube

lazy bastard
You only need drivers that fully support dx9, not necessarily such hardware, to get at least some of the benefit. At least in theory :getlost:. If you have such drivers, you have no reason not to upgrade. In fact, at least all new ati catalysts are designed to be used with dx9 and not having it could (and probably would) cause problems.

On the other hand, my r8500 only supports dx8.1 in hardware and I've yet to see any difference after upgrading. But as I said in my earlier post, no problems either.

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Seems like most have it...but i can't say how many hasn't because of the "edit," which i noticed too :satisfied