What's new

Directx9 plugin???

thiagoccb

Hi,

I have a Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4
4GB RAM DDR2
Intel G33/G31 286MB
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bits

well...I know that my GPU doesn't support opengl over 1.4, so I've tried to use the Directx9 plugin. So...where is it??? When I open the plugins folder is right there, but when I try to change the plugin inside de emulator, it doesn't appear. I've installed the latest gpu driver, updated de directx9 and...nothing changes.

Could somebody help me?

Xtreme2damax

You need cgd3d9 in the root of the Dolphin folder in order to select the DX9 plugin, however I wouldn't bother with it.. Not only is the DirectX plugin currently unusable due to it undergoing improvements, your GPU isn't supported by Dolphin at all.

You will not be able to use Dolphin with your current GPU, and will need to upgrade to a more recent dedicated graphics solution. Anything above a Geforce 6xxx series or Radeon 1xxx series should generally be fine for running Dolphin..

OP
T

thiagoccb

Thanks for the reply. Ok, now I have the cgd3d9.dll in dolphin root folder, but the plugin is still missing. Let me understand...I know that my gpu is awful, but does mean that I can't even see the emulator booting a game?

Xtreme2damax

Have you also updated your DirectX to the latest bi-monthly runtimes? As mentioned you might not be able to boot any games with your current GPU.

If somehow you can get games to boot, graphics will look worse (Corrupted/Missing) graphics compared to Nvidia/Ati gpu's that meet the requirements to run Dolphin.

This should explain what you need to run Dolphin and run it acceptably:

http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussion/120515-dolphin-requirements.html

Just a note, the proper cgd3d9 dll should be included with the latest build I provided on my website and is linked from my signature..

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

Just be aware that the DX9 plugin may not function correctly, as of recently it's been undergoing some fixes and changes which have made the plugin quite unusable for the time being..