What's new

DEMUL Lagging When Recording

XSquareStickIt

Hello all. XSquare here and I'm new to the forums, and DEMUL too for the matter.

I've been wanting to record gameplay footage of Metal Slug 6 on DEMUL for quite some time now. Only recently did I get a machine powerful enough to run DEMUL. I've managed to get DEMUL up and running without lag. Unfortunately it's when I'm doing video recordings that DEMUL lags. Now, I understand that DEMUL requires quite a powerful machine to run from what I've read, and so lag is perhaps to be expected, but the odd thing is my machine doesn't seem to be maxed out when running both DEMUL and OBS, the program I'm using to record.

I've set OBS to record at near lossless quality, at 30FPS. The recording and gameplay is smooth for the most part, only with lag spikes at select areas of the game, most notably the boss fights. It's obvious because you can hear the sound slowing down with the game as well. Below is an unlisted video I did to show the problem I'm having:

And attached below are screenshots of the settings I have for both DEMUL and OBS, along with a screenshot of both programs running together with Task Manager, along with my system specs.

I'd love to be able to do a run with no lag a near lossless quality to properly show off the game. Can anybody please recommend me some settings for either DEMUL or OBS I can try to that end? Or is my computer really unable to handle it? I'm not very good with computers either, I'm afraid.

Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• audio2.png
    audio2.png
    46 KB · Views: 390
  • obs audio.png
    obs audio.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 113
  • obs recording.png
    obs recording.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 223
  • obsadvanced.png
    obsadvanced.png
    50 KB · Views: 106
  • obsvideo.png
    obsvideo.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 107
  • SHISTEEMU.jpg
    SHISTEEMU.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 113
  • sound.png
    sound.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 85
  • usage.jpg
    usage.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 110
  • video.png
    video.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 132

MetalliC

Demul developer
Generic advice:
- DO NOT touch settings if you don't know that they for
- DO NOT watch/listen/read guides "how to configure Demul", theirs authors have no any idea that they doing.
- try default settings first, in most cases they are the best.

reset back to default: sound buffer size - 2048, Enable Translucent join - checked.

also make sure to create profile for Demul in Nvidia settings and set there 'Use Maximum Performance', otherwise dumb NV drivers will think they are too smart and slowdown GPU clock, which will lead to bad performance.

OP
X

XSquareStickIt

Thanks so much! Your advice really solved all the lag!

Turns out it's a NVIDIA Settings issue and not with DEMUL. It's been embarrassing, but thank you so much for your invaluable advice!