What's new

Dead or Alive 2 Faster

madlax

:bouncy:

Works on Windows 2000/XP/2003. Click Start, Run, type services.msc, stop Windows Audio service. Done. Frame rate boost and less slowdowns in emulation. :icecream:

By the way, what's the record Frame Rate anyone got ingame for this game? You tested it on an Athlon X2 4800+ or a Pentium D or a Pentium 4 Extreme Edition? Please let us hear your story. :party:

Is there anything (anything at all) I can do to get a performance boost in this game other than overclocking my CPU? (Currently an AthlonXP 2200+ @ 2052 MHz) :plain:

OP
M

madlax

Some tests...

Toshiba Qosmio F25-AV205 (Pentium-M (Centrino) 1.87 GHz) got 35~37 FPS on the Team Battle Ring.

Pentium IV Northwood 2.8 @ 3.08 GHz got 35~36 on the Team Battle Ring. :icecream:

me83

madlax said:
:bouncy:

Works on Windows 2000/XP/2003. Click Start, Run, type services.msc, stop Windows Audio service. :plain:

what does that do exactly? does it disable all the sound in Windows? so you're saying to speed up the game you just need to turn off the sound?

me83

i could only get about 30 fps if i overclock chankast to 130. that's the fastest it can get for my PC.

Pentium 4 2.53 ghz
512 ram
geforce fx 5200 (it's crappy)
win xp

OP
M

madlax

I usually overclock between 126 and 160. Depends on the scenario/characters rendered...

Hey, even if you got 7800 in SLI, it won't make Chankast faster (nothing you'd notice). Looks like there's nothing the world right now that would make DOA2 playable at 50-60 FPS.

And, by the way, if you plan sticking to nVidia, don't upgrade to anything less than a 6600 GT. Those 6200 are really weak. Specially the 64-bit or Turbo Cache models. :ala:

ereyes

What is the problem with the sound? When disable windows audio, turn off "all" my sound...

Is right? more FPS but less (or nothing) sound... bah!

me83

hey madlax, does your game crash during Tina's story mode when you face Zack? mine does and i've searched for topics about this and it looks like there is no solution yet. or is there?