What's new

Daemon tools + Satourne Faq plz

Sola Kusanagi

Make it Make Money
its been a while since i tried to use Satourne cuz of my past probs i gotten myself into

i need someone to make a faqs if thay would

how to use Daemon tools wit the rom files "Cue/Bin" mounting and geting the emulator to work them and how to unmount without messing up the computer like i once did il be very thankfull if some1 dide this for me

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You really don't need any FAQs for Daemon Tools. DT mostly uses CD data sheets (cue, ccd, etc.) to know how the virtual drive should emulate the mounted CD image. In the same way, unmounting stuff isn't rocket science. Simply click the DT icon on your tray and choose 'Unmount all drives'. If unmounting messed up your system, then DT wasn't properly installed to begin with.

Gettting DT to work with emulator/applicationas is as simple as configuring the plugin/emulator/application to use the image drive instead of the standard CD/DVD drive to load stuff. At it's simplest, it's choosing between two drive letters.

And finally... why Satourne? Why not SSF?

OP
Sola Kusanagi

Sola Kusanagi

Make it Make Money
i was planning on geting SSF

as for mounting can i burn it after mounting the files?

what setting to use with daemon tools

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
After mounting, DT functions exactly the same as if you've just put a CD into your CD/DVD drive. You can copy/move files, burn, etc. just like you would normally do.

Like I said before DT doesn't need any special configuration (everything is pretty much set for you), unless you are mounting PC games that use special copy protection schemes (SafeDisc, Starforce, SecuROM, Lockblocks, ProtectCD, LaserLock or RMPS). The CD games that you are trying to emulate do not use any of these protections (since with console games, the protection comes from the hardware, if it even exists), so these settings are not needed.

Last edited:
OP
Sola Kusanagi

Sola Kusanagi

Make it Make Money
i seee

i just downloaded Daemon Tools and im unziping this game both Bin and Cue files
im gonna test it on Satourne and see how it work hopefuly if all is well il try it on SSF what plugin settings i need to change?

OP
Sola Kusanagi

Sola Kusanagi

Make it Make Money
Omfg!!!

once again im geting the same probs as i did b4 but on my Alienware computer

after installing daemon then rebooting then finishing the install 5 mins after that was done my computer shutdown. now i just uninstalled daemon and all the stuff it was bundled with and im haveing major probs now first i cant use system restore idk why

OP
Sola Kusanagi

Sola Kusanagi

Make it Make Money
Agozer said:
Have you run a virus/spyware scan recently?

yes im clean i just started useing my alienware for like 2 days now i only installed Ares, Bitcomet, Emule, and my ims

i have no viruses it did the same with my other computer but i didit have to unmount anything

i was useing the new version of Daemon Tools

after scanning and stuff i removed Daemon then did a deep sys restore

smcd

You could try getting Alcohol 120% (or the discounted 52% or whatever it's called) to load images...

[ rant follows ]
hooray for alienware! nice expensive huge machine for which you just paid too much :p

OP
Sola Kusanagi

Sola Kusanagi

Make it Make Money
sethmcdoogle said:
You could try getting Alcohol 120% (or the discounted 52% or whatever it's called) to load images...

[ rant follows ]
hooray for alienware! nice expensive huge machine for which you just paid too much :p

money is not a issuse here also alcohol 120% wont work right for some off resion idky its just odd

smcd

If neither daemon tools nor alcohol 120% are working something sounds really wrong. Have you tried reinstalling windows (not from a "recovery disk" but actually installing it from a Windows disk)? Also what hardware is inside the machine? Not sure if it has anything to do with it but the emulated drives show up as SCSI. Do you have ATA/SATA drives or SCSI?

spotanjo3

I am curious, why do you still play it if SSF is better for you ? Maybe because you do not have SSE, right ? And this is not playable mostly on the games and it is not active right now..not to my knowledge.

OP
Sola Kusanagi

Sola Kusanagi

Make it Make Money
Rockmangames said:
I am curious, why do you still play it if SSF is better for you ? Maybe because you do not have SSE, right ? And this is not playable mostly on the games and it is not active right now..not to my knowledge.

cant get Alcohol 120%, Diskjuggler, or Daemon Tools to work right idk why there fucking up so much if games were in ISO formats i wont have to worry cuz my nero burns ISO's