What's new

Curse Chankast....

duhman0008

That little emulator got me hooked back on Dreamcast :p

Now this just won't do, I'll have to buy the real thing! Oh well, next stop, eBay :bouncy:

Cough, cough, now seriously. Here's a little poll.

What did you like best about the Dreamcast:

a) Mostly arcade games (NAOMI, NEO-GEO)

b) A lot of PSX and PC games got ported to it

c) The exclusif games (Sonic, Jet Grind Radio, etc...)

d) The great amount of RPGs :)P)

e) Online Play

f) Sports Titles

g) All of the above

h) Non of the Above (specify)

Cid

duhman0008 said:
d) The great amount of RPGs :)P)

You are kidding right? Dreamcast doesn't offer that much selection in RPGs compare to Playstation. A couples of RPG like Skies of Arcadia and Grandia II versus a whole lot from SquareSoft (Final Fantasy, Chrono Cross, Xenogear, etc) and other companies (Suidoken, Legend of Dragoon, etc) for the PSOne.

Anyway back to topic. I would pick exclusive game(Sonic 1 and 2) and Arcade port (MVC2, CVS2, SF3:TS).

Shakey_Jake3

Back in the day the Dreamcast had a huge amount going for it.... exclusive software, innovative technologies like VMU's and internet gameplay, and kickass exclusive titles.

Today, these points are no longer valid. The consoles best exclusive titles are now avaliable on other formats (Gamecube has SoA, the Sonic games... XBox has Shenmue II and online play... PS2 has Grandia II, Code Veronica, Headhunter, the Capcom games...).

So if your talking about what's cool about the console compared to todays industry, then the list is pretty small. But we must see the Dreamcast as what it was - An oriiginal, innovated console, that took many risks to help shape the games community into what it is today.

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
The (c) xclusive titles (Specifically Sonic 1, 2, Shuffle, Soul Calibur, Skies Of Arcadia and Shenmue)

OP
D

duhman0008

Cid said:
You are kidding right? Dreamcast doesn't offer that much selection in RPGs compare to Playstation. A couples of RPG like Skies of Arcadia and Grandia II versus a whole lot from SquareSoft (Final Fantasy, Chrono Cross, Xenogear, etc) and other companies (Suidoken, Legend of Dragoon, etc) for the PSOne.

Anyway back to topic. I would pick exclusive game(Sonic 1 and 2) and Arcade port (MVC2, CVS2, SF3:TS).

You see that little Smilie with the tongue hanging out, this means that I was being sarcastic.

OP
D

duhman0008

Shakey_Jake3 said:
Back in the day the Dreamcast had a huge amount going for it.... exclusive software, innovative technologies like VMU's and internet gameplay, and kickass exclusive titles.

Today, these points are no longer valid. The consoles best exclusive titles are now avaliable on other formats (Gamecube has SoA, the Sonic games... XBox has Shenmue II and online play... PS2 has Grandia II, Code Veronica, Headhunter, the Capcom games...).

So if your talking about what's cool about the console compared to todays industry, then the list is pretty small. But we must see the Dreamcast as what it was - An oriiginal, innovated console, that took many risks to help shape the games community into what it is today.

True, but a lot of those ports don't live up to the originals, the ones that were ported to PS2.

Blaz

for me it's for the arcade game like CvS 2, soul calibur and Street F3 3third S
that kind of games really rocks!

jessman1988

Banned
Cid said:

Ya'll forgot Evolution, lol.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
It's a great console, I want to have a q) the fun you have while playing is for me the most important reason for having this machine @ home.

coyote_jones

soooooo for MasterPdW_DX it more like this...

buying the system - $10 :unsure:
buying the game - $20 :cry:
buying the controller - $5 :puke:
playing it with a friend -...Priceless... :p

HAHAHA that was intresting dam tv got in my head!!! how cheesy (<--spelling?) was that?.?.?

Last edited: