What's new

Controls

SecondHeartbeat

Alright, I've just got this yesterday and I don't know a lot of the controls. From playing Mario Party 3 I've found out that Z = Z, X = A, C = B and S = R. I was wondering if you guys could help me out here. I'm not going to bother getting a controller so if you could hook me up to a link or just tell me the keyboard controls that would be great. I've looked around the site and google but can't find anything.

Thanks.

OP
S

SecondHeartbeat

I just went to Options and it only says Configure Graphics Plugin, Configure Audio Plugin, Configure Controller Plugin and Settings.

Iconoclast

SecondHeartbeat said:
I just went to Options and it only says Configure Graphics Plugin, Configure Audio Plugin, Configure Controller Plugin and Settings.
He means Options/Configure Controller Plugin, not Configure Input Plugin. They're the same thing, though, actually.

That's the only plugin made by Jabo that I don't like: Jabo's DirectInput. It's a little basic, in my opinion, compared to five-star input plugins like N64 Virtual Pad and N-Rage's DirectInput V2.

squeakypants

yea, but it's what you need to use for online, so what can you do :( Hopefully 1.7 will have better online support and/or a better input Jabo input.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
squeakypants said:
yea, but it's what you need to use for online, so what can you do :( Hopefully 1.7 will have better online support and/or a better input Jabo input.
You could just try to fake it by renaming the N-Rage input plugin to Jabo_Directinput7.dll (or whatever the filename is).

Iconoclast

Agozer said:
You could just try to fake it by renaming the N-Rage input plugin to Jabo_Directinput7.dll (or whatever the filename is).
I don't think Project64k will be fooled by the filename of the plugin. I'm not sure, though; I don't have PJ64k anymore. Anyone want to test it out?

I think you have to rename the actual title of the plugin. You know, the title that appears in the drop-down box showing what plugin you're using? The only way I know how to do that is to use the MS-DOS byte binary editor and change it, and I don't even know if that will work.

squeakypants

Agozer/Ironoclast: It does work ;) I tried it awhile ago (for starfox w/ mouse), but it lags like hell, unplayably (down to 10-20fps).

Allnatural

Iconoclast said:
That's the only plugin made by Jabo that I don't like: Jabo's DirectInput. It's a little basic, in my opinion, compared to five-star input plugins like N64 Virtual Pad and N-Rage's DirectInput V2.
For some, like me, that's all we need. Not to disparage other plugins, but the bells and whistles are unnecessary, especially when you're using a genuine N64 pad.

squeakypants

but the bells and whistles are unnecessary, especially when you're using a genuine N64 pad.
I'm using a genuine n64 pad ;) but I'm not using an adaptoid, nor are the vast majority of people. If you're using n64 on the pc, chances are you're using an adapter, not adaptoid, and the adapter needs to be calibrated and the "bells and whistles" need to be modified.

Allnatural

squeakypants said:
I'm using a genuine n64 pad ;) but I'm not using an adaptoid, nor are the vast majority of people. If you're using n64 on the pc, chances are you're using an adapter, not adaptoid, and the adapter needs to be calibrated and the "bells and whistles" need to be modified.
Calibrated? Yes. Everything else you said... ???