What's new

Controllers

kratos26583

i just wanna ask i have project64 emulator and i wanna be sure i am going to get a Saitek P2500 Rumble Force PC Game Pad. is it going to work on the emulator and is the vibration going to work ?

thanks very much for ur concern

NoeOM

Mankind Member
It depends on plugin

Hi Kratos,

Rumble support depends on input plugin (in pj64), assuming you have a controller that is rumble capable (you usally can rumble it from the control test window in the Windows control panel -what a play on words! -). For example, as far as I know, N-Rage Direct Input plugin supports rumble (even visual rumble if your controller doesn´t support rumble) and Jabo's doesn't. Theoretically, if your controller supports rumble, there must be a plugin (or there must be a way to build a plugin) that can make it rumble.

My answer to Kratos' question ends here. Now,

I also want to take advantage of this post to incite users in EmuTalk to avoid answers with this patterns.
-> A subject x asks a question q, and then one of us answers:
i. I don't know an answer for your question, even
ii. I don't know an answer for your question and I want to ask the same question.

This behavior makes some threads very long with useless stuff. Think about a question followed by a post of any emutalk member telling "I don't know"!. I know we all like a high post count but... please, let's be reasonable when posting.

there are even extreme cases of answers that looks like:
iii. Ahhh, what a funny question!
iv. hehe / LOL / WOW! / and so...
v. Any other text, not related to the question.

If we all avoid these answers, threads will be more useful and readables.
It's only a suggestion to make EmuTalk life easier!. Thanks everyone!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
the default input plugin (Jabo's DirectInput) supports rumble, as does the aforementioned N-Rage Input plugin. N-Rage's plugin has more features and support a a wider range of controllers.

So if you can't get your contrpller working with Jabo's plugin, try N-Rage. It would be better for the OP if he'd just test the controller himself instead of asking if controller X works. As long a controller works under DirectInput and doesn't require the usre to install drivers in order to get it working (without any extraneous features, that is) it should work with the controller plugins that are available for Project64

Last edited:
OP
K

kratos26583

Thanks but

i dont really care about the rumble i just wanna make sure this type of saitek controller works with the project64 emulator i found it to be the most suitable it has 6 buttons for the Cs buttons problem but i wanna make sure it will work becoz i heard alot that saitek controllers have bad issues with the project 64 emulator

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If you've heard bad things about Saitek controllers then youprobably should go with the N-Rage Input plugin from the get-go. Just try the input plugins. If none of them work, then you really do have a problem.

OP
K

kratos26583

hey agozer thanks for the help the problem is that i dont have a controller for my pc and i am going to buy one thats why i wanna make sure it will work what about u which controller u use and which do u recommend ?