What's new

Controller will not work on vista :(.

Black Dagger

Hello there everybody. I bought a 64 to usb adapter and controller yesterday for my vista computer. I downloaded Project 64 1.7 as well. I went into control panel and chose USB gamepad which is what pops up when I plug in my controller and usb into the computer. I calabirated it and it worked on the test screen when I moved the analog. HOWEVER when I choose a rom to play when I load up Project 64 my controller will not work whatsoever when I try to use it.

Can someone please tell me what is wrong with it because I am near breaking point :(.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Did you actually set your buttons/axes in Project64 controller configuration window? Also, not all games use the N64 analog stick for movement

OP
B

Black Dagger

Did you actually set your buttons/axes in Project64 controller configuration window? Also, not all games use the N64 analog stick for movement

Yeah. I configured all the controls. And then I plugged in my actual controller. And it does not work. I am thinking I may have bought a 3rd Party N64 controller instead of an original though which is why I am wondering it might not work. Because they do say use an original with the N64 to usb adapter.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
As a last ditch effort, use the N-Rage input plugin and see if using it makes any difference. There are quite a few poor N64 USB adapters out there, though so your problem might be the adapter.

OP
B

Black Dagger

As a last ditch effort, use the N-Rage input plugin and see if using it makes any difference. There are quite a few poor N64 USB adapters out there, though so your problem might be the adapter.

Nah it didn't work. I think I will have to buy the N64/PSX double adapter. Even though I have a PSX version coming this week. Thanks for your help anyway though.