What's new

Conkers bad fur day..Colours inverted.Help

philis45

whenever i run conkers the game slows at the "for maure audiances only screen" but then picks up after the nintendo logo, but all the coulours are inverted/ wierd.
Or is it that my computer just wont run it ?
my specs are
1.8 ghz petium 4 prosseser
256mb of ram
neveda geforce2

Chandro

Hi Philis45,

Which plug-ins are you using?

Try Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.1 and Jabo's DirectSound 1.5 if you aren't using them already.

Also in Audio Settings check the box Synch game to Audio, this might solve your graphical glitches.

I'd recommend using Project64 (with the same plug-ins) if you can though, I've recently played it through and can vouch for it's compatibility.

Edit: You haven't changed anything in the ROM Properties have you?

OP
P

philis45

havent changed any rom properties... cant run pj64 due to that failed to allocate memory thing... you know how to fix that?

Edit: Graphics are normal now, i used jabos, however there is no sound

Last edited:

Poobah

I'm surprised you can even get to the N64 logo screen using 1964! That's why most people prefer Project64 -- 1964 is full of bugs and freezes every 5 minutes.

Chandro

philis45,

I've never had that problem, if you search the Project64 forums you can find all sorts of things.

Here, I've even done it for you.

http://www.emutalk.net/search.php?searchid=431295

There must be a solution somewhere among that lot if you take then time to read some of them. Here's hoping anyway.

Not sure about your sound problem, what sound card do you have? Did you synch game to audio in the audio settings?

Poobah, 1964 is better for some games than Project64, it's also less resource hungry and so is the N64 emulator of choice for those with older systems. I can run Conker using 1964 but I've not played very far in so I can't vouch for it.

Poobah

I have noticed that it's the slightest bit faster, but Project64 has been far more stable than 1964.

1964 is my emulator of choice, but the instability problems just bug me sometimes.