What's new

Configuring Darkman's Input Plugin

metroid1337

Hi, I'm having some problems configuring Darkman's Plugin for Chankast for use with a USB controller adapter. I'm currently using a Super Joy Box 5 Pro, which converts 4 Playstation controllers into a single USB port. The adapter is the one you can see below:

http://www.mayflash.com/pc/pc039/pc039-1.htm

I've been using it for a short time, but so far I was able to successfully configure it in any emulator, for example, in MAME and Project64 it works perfectly. The reason I chose Darkman's Input Plugin is that it's the only one which offers support for 4 controllers, because the ones that come with Chankast (like Elsemi's) can support only 2 controllers.

I know of no other plugin with such functionality, so I'm "stuck" with Darkman's. I'm using version 4.0b and the problem is that, when I go to the config screen and click the button to configure the key, the plugin quickly assimilates the key "Joy 1 EX1" to it, and it happens with EVERY button, in EVERY controller. I have no time to choose the key I want.

Also, the plugin does only recognize 1 of the 4 plugged controllers, while Elsemi's plugin works perfectly, it lets me choose whether I want to use Joy 1, Joy 2, Joy 3 or Joy 4, but the problem, as I mentioned, is that it has support for only 2 players.

I'm using Chankast 0.25a, WinXP Pro SP2 and the drivers for the adapter are installed correctly. Is there any other plugin I could use, or any fix for this problem?

OP
M

metroid1337

ElSemi's plugin will only support 2 controllers. I need 4 because I want to play Gigawing 2 and Power Stone 2 with some friends.

OP
M

metroid1337

Fixed

OK, I've found a workaround for this issue!
All you have to do is use a little application called JoyToKey.

This tiny program lets you remap all the buttons of your joystick to make it look like a keyboard. In other words, it converts joystick input to keyboard input, so everytime I press a button in my controller, Darkman's plugin will recognize it as a key (from the keyboard) being pressed.

The only problem is that the software is in japanese, but with a little bit of searching, you can find an english version of it. You can download it in the link below:

http://www.mehdiplugins.com/herewedown/jtk379en.zip

akumashizon

There's a program called ControlMK which does the exact same thing and is in English. :) I used this little program after getting Devil May Cry 3 for the PC and the joypad controls were screwed up.

I don't have a link at the moment but a quick search in yahoo/google etc should give you a site to download it from. :)

=Ammo=

metroid1337 said:
OK, I've found a workaround for this issue!
All you have to do is use a little application called JoyToKey.

This tiny program lets you remap all the buttons of your joystick to make it look like a keyboard. In other words, it converts joystick input to keyboard input, so everytime I press a button in my controller, Darkman's plugin will recognize it as a key (from the keyboard) being pressed.

The only problem is that the software is in japanese, but with a little bit of searching, you can find an english version of it. You can download it in the link below:

http://www.mehdiplugins.com/herewedown/jtk379en.zip