What's new

Config problem with original dreamcast gamepad

garetmax

Hi,

I'm trying to get my original dreamcast gamepads working.

I've got all buttons working except the directional pad.

When I go into demul and do the mapping for left,right,up,down, it starts as Joy0_Anl6_Key but it won't stick in any of these and just times out. I've switched the device api but that makes no difference.

I'm using demul 5.6 and a tri-linker plus II with windows 7 32 bit.

In windows the trio linker comes up and everything works perfectly. The directional buttons work as a Point of View Hat.

Any ideas?:(

Thanks,
Scott

salvia

i have that problem too ;) in sword of the beserk and bass fishing everything works but the D pad is that why i cant move my pole around or my charater in beserk ?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Calibrate your controller and make sure all buttons, POV hats, axes, etc. are detected properly. If all else fails, blame the adapter.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I decent USB PC gamepad with rumble method. I have a Logitech Rumblepad 2 wihch is several years old, and I've never had a problem with it.

OP
G

garetmax

I'm thinking its a demul issue since it works perfectly in Windows.

Is anyone else able to use the original controllers and map all buttons?

If so, what adapter do you use?

Thanks,
Scott

Darkfalz1979

I've just made a similar thread. It assumes your analog triggers operate in a particular polarity/range, probably based on how the XBox pad works. A solution would be in-plugin calibration of triggers (and for it to assume when you define controls, all analog controls would be at rest).