What's new

Code Issues.

Kubba

Hello.

Firstly, I have read the Cheat FAQ and my question was not answered.

Secondly, the cheat forums appear to be dead, so I've decided to post my question here.

I am running the latest build of 1964 (the binary released earlier this year), and I am running a good dump of Super Mario 64 on it.

I have applied many of my favorite Gameshark cheats to the emulator, all which work perfectly, but one cheat does not function in the game. I have checked and rechecked the cheat code against my physical N64 Gameshark (On which the cheat works) and it is entered correctly. The cheat is for a major graphics hack that causes the graphics to glitch considerably (8032C0BB-005F, which is called "Weird Illusions" on many cheat sites). I have even tried other emulators and my cheat still does not function.

Am I missing something or is it impossible to run this particular cheat on an emulator?

If it is impossible, could someone with N64 Gameshark coding experience help me develop a new cheat that can produce the same effects?

Thanks for your time.

~~~Kubba~~~

microdev

I tmight be possible that you run a different rom than the one you're usng with your real N64. Even if being a good one, the version can differ.

OP
K

Kubba

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

I have tried different SM64 roms, but I am not sure if they are different versions of the game. Needless to say, the cheat still doesn't work. Has anyone tried themselves to see if the cheat works on their system? I would greatly appreciate it.

Again, thanks for the reply.