What's new

Chankast was working perfectly before... now it crashes upon startup

Smoyf

Hey guys, I have a weird bug with my Chankast. It was working perfectly fine and playing games. However, recently whenever I try to start up Chankast it just immediately crashes without any message or error being displayed. Restarting my comp didn't help, so I tried downloading it again and installing it in a separate folder. I ran that and it goes to the configure plugins screen, but right after you exit from that screen Chankast just crashes again.

Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?

OP
S

Smoyf

New update: I tried downloading another DC emulator to use while my Chankast is out of commission (NullDC) and it is doing the same exact thing that Chankast is doing!!! wtf!!

EDIT: tried replacing the bios and flash files. Didn't fix it.

Last edited:

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Somehow sounds familiar. Have you tried randomly grabbing plugins out of the plugins folder to see if it stops the crashing?

OP
S

Smoyf

There's supposed to be a plugins folder for chankast? I don't have one for mine...

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Whoops, yeah, that was my bad. I forgot that the plugins wern't seperated from the emu.

Well if taking out the plugins did nothing i can't see what else you could do to solve the problem. Though it does sound odd that nullDC does it too. Does anybody here know whether or not nullDC uses code from Chankast? It really shouldn't because Chankast is outdated and closed source making that quite hard to obtain anyway.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
AFAIK, the only code that nullDC uses from Chankast is the code found in Chankast's video and audio plugins that were ported to work in nullDC.

OP
S

Smoyf

So I figured out what was wrong. This wasn't a problem with Chankast, but with my PC. I tried to play Team Fortress 2 and it did the same thing, except it gave me an error message that I was out of OS paged pool memory. Found out that my antivirus was the cause, and disabling it did nothing so I had to completely uninstall it. Thanks anyways for your help though you guys, I appreciate it!