What's new

CHANKAST Status FAQ?

Fingersoup

I'm assuming you can have different security levels with this board. If so, is it possible to give the Chankast authors locking/Unlocking/Editing privileges to this forum (If they don't have it already) and open an official, clean, Sticky "Status FAQ" thread? ie: a quick and handy official way to tell people:

Is the project Still Alive? (1st message)
Current relesed Version # (1st Message)
Current development version #(1st Message)
Current dev team members (1st message)
Message Last modified date (1st Message - ignore if message board adds this info on edit)
Development version features added (subsequent Messages)
Screenshots (Subsequent messages)

It would be a good way to keep the "Is this project still alive" questions away, while only showing the progress that the devs want to let out to the fans... It would only require a bit of minor modification from the authors to keep people happy, as they only need to increment the Development version number and/or date to show progress.

The thread would stay clean, as only the Authors/Moderators could edit/update it, and it would keep many people happy. Searching through the current Status thread is a pain, as there is a lot of useless posts from outside the dev team.

Last edited:

madh83

your definitely not hte only one whose been curious, but this topic has been kicked around for a very long time...chankast hasn't changed for more than a year, there's been no updates for more than half a year on anything related to it... if they won't even post a update on their site I doubt they would want to update you on through forums. And most of your questions can be answered by looking at the latest news sitcky anyway

Aleron235

Read the last couple of pages on the stickied Chankast status thread. Apparently there's a new version that's being beta tested before a public release.

If we're lucky, we'll get it before Christmas. That's my estimate.